Topic ClosedNewb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newb
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 8:13am
I would be worried about the "what ifs".  What if the bag(s) has shifted towards the front of that area during travel, and you forget to check when you get into camp and turn the furnace on?  What if you fill that area up with stuff and forget to remove some/all of it before turning the furnace on?  What if you accidentally bump the switch for the furnace on your way out the door (probably only an issue for the older manual thermostats)?

I've done that last thing several times in our pod, although always in the other direction, turning the A/C on.  This past Sunday I walked out to our driveway and was surprised to hear the pod's A/C running.  We bumped the switch as we were unpacking and it has stayed cool over the last 2 weeks, until Sunday when it got into the 80's.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Podster

Another newbie question. On the PR-178, do you think its safe to store a couple of sport bags with clothes in this area if they don't make direct contact with the heater? If not what a terrible waste of space. What do you folks out there with 178's do with this area?

If you're not using the heater by all means fill that space up, a lot of owners do.  But if you're using it you really should mind the warning sticker and not use that area.  Forest River is very adamant that we tell people to never put anything there.

Just be careful however you proceed!!
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:16am
Hmm, I'm thinking that heater may just have to go! I'm having a vision that includes a nice set of deep over and under drawers in that space. Smile 
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:40am

Hmm, I'm thinking that heater may just have to go! I'm having a vision that includes a nice set of deep over and under drawers in that space. Smile 

seen similar mods done to that space, someone did some long drawers on rollers that slid out.  very nice idea if you know you'll never use the heater.

most of us use small electric heaters anyways.
2dogseniors View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:28am
good question that we have been asking ourselves.  Following this post with interest.
2dogSeniors
2004 Ford Expedition
2015 R-Pod 178 with risers
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:34am
I'm not sure I like the idea of have a 20,000 BTU heater under my behind while I'm sleeping, anyway. LOL

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 12:58pm
What is to the right of that picture?  Would it be possible to turn the heater around so it is on the "wall" that is just barely visible in that pic?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 1:15pm
That would be awesome, but I think the slide module is just out of the frame. I will certainly take a closer look. Thanks!
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:04pm
Another newbie question: Is there a way to secure the POD in my driveway? Assuming I can get it in there, my drive way has a considerable up grade. There is no parking brake to how to I secure it? Chalks only? That's not enough. 

Anchor a 10,000lb rated D ring to the garage floor and run a cable to the frame of the POD to ensure it doesn't crush my neighbor Better on her evening walk? Is that crazy?

Is there a tech trick or hack that I can use to lock the breaks in this situation?

What do others do in this situation? I have storage, but it would be nice to be able to prep for trips and work the mods in the driveway. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, your feedback is very appreciated. I have already learned a ton from you folks here on the forum. 
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:34pm

Another newbie question: Is there a way to secure the POD in my driveway? Assuming I can get it in there, my drive way has a considerable up grade. There is no parking brake to how to I secure it? Chalks only? That's not enough. 

Anchor a 10,000lb rated D ring to the garage floor and run a cable to the frame of the POD to ensure it doesn't crush my neighbor Better on her evening walk? Is that crazy?

Is there a tech trick or hack that I can use to lock the breaks in this situation?

What do others do in this situation? I have storage, but it would be nice to be able to prep for trips and work the mods in the driveway. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, your feedback is very appreciated. I have already learned a ton from you folks here on the forum. 

maybe some sort of a wheel lock device?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>