R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp Grounds > Free or Cheap Camping Sites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBoondocking web site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boondocking web site
    Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 2:23pm
Well, as the guy that runs the Ultimate Campgrounds website, I feel compelled to weigh in on this thread. I'm sorry, codycountry, that you're so dissatisfied with my data. All I can say is I do my best. For what's worth, I'm a one-man operation, not some big money-grubbing company. I started collecting campground data about 7 years ago, first for my own use and then to share with friends. Eventually they convinced me to go public, as it were. My primary reason for starting the project was that I found lots of errors in the various official sources you mention, especially when it comes to actual geographical locations.

I don't know your source, for example, for stating that the Sunlight Wildlife Habitat Management Area information is "a mess". According to the map on the Sunrise WHMA website, both campgrounds are precisely where I have them located.

I would absolutely never assert that my data is 100% accurate. No source is, including Moon.

Thanks
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 6:33pm
Welcome.  Personally I enjoy your site.  I submitted Great Salt Lake Marina to you last year.

I look forward to seeing the dialog on this. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12