R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrefrig Dometic - Event Date: 27 Aug 2014 - 27 Sep 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: refrig Dometic
    Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 7:45pm
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
gmhansen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 6:48pm
Still having the door open alarm when the door is shut (occasionally). The fridge seems to show signs of excess condensation when the beeping starts. I found that when I pull the door latch switch connector and dab with a towel (to dry) it goes away. Im wondering if the excess moisture affects the connection in the door switch.
Lisa Paul Jennings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 2:36pm

We are having similar problems with our Dometic refrigerator - we get 15 +/- beeps every 2 minutes or so.  We had the door adjusted and it seemed okay but then the problem started up again.  The dealer replaced the sensor and once again, we were okay for a couple of short trips but then the problem recurred.  The pod is level, we get the alarm on DC 12v, 110 or propane.  We get the alarm when we've been on the road or camped for days at a time.  When I open the door and depress the door latch, the indicator light goes out but the alarm continues.

What is most frustrating is that the problem is intermittent.  We can go several days without a problem, or go only a few hours.  If we ignored the beeping and go out of the camper, it will sometimes shut off after an hour or so but this is a problem if it goes off in the middle of the night.  Other times, the beeping will continue for a full day and then stop.

The door closes properly, the sensor has been replaced - any advice?  We are going back to the dealer but we have had this problem since our very first trip and our extended warranty will be up in the fall

Any help would be much appreciated..

Lisa and Paul

Ronw435 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 11:25am
Well took it back after having it for two days.......dealer said heating element has burned out due to a pinched wire.  Called and said they would not be able to get one until the 19th of January.  Called back to tell them we were going to use it as is on 12v or propane and Gran said that they got a new unit in and will take the heating element  out of it and put in ours.  Gran is really accommodating, great guy at RV-Max Dallas. 
Ronw435 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 5:14pm
furpod when you say fridge breaker are you talking about the one at the breaker box (by the door on the 178)?  I have checked that and all breakers were good.  I put the fridge on 12 volt and propane and they both keep it cold.  The GFCI is ok as well as all the other outlets work and they, if I am not mistaken run off the first one.  I took it off 12 volt and am going to check it in the morning.

Thanks
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 11:44am
Fridge breaker? GFCI tripped? Check the plug in the back of the fridge compartment? It uses 12v for it's brain..
Ronw435 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 9:51am
Wanted to state that when we picked it up the fridge was working as they demonstrated it but it was on a 30 amp line.  I guess my question would be does it have to be on a 30 amp circuit?
Ronw435 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 9:50am
Well seems our new 178 has a fridge problem.  Got it home and tried to run the fridge and it seemed to start fine.  Put it on electric with the trailer hooked up to a 15amp 110 volt outlet in the garage.  The fridge seemed to work at first but after about an hour went out and the lights were flashing.  Shut the fridge off and thought that since I had not leveled the trailer before starting the fridge that , that was the problem.  So shut the fridge off again and waited until I got it all level before starting it again.  It was on all night and checked it this morning and it was the same temp in side that it was outside.  I checked it with a laser so i believe it is accurate.  I tried it on gas it everything lights as it should.  I didnt leave it on gas as it was in the garage.  Anyone have any ideas before I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks for all information.
Ron
Ontheedge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:40pm
We had this problem also. Dealer identified a loose ground wire as the cause. (at least we hope he correctly got the problem fixed.

ontheedge
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:38pm
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>