R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to Run TV on Battery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Run TV on Battery
    Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 6:33pm
Most of the television combos that come in the pods require AC.  You could use the generator but the better option would be an inverter attached to your battery.  150 watts would give you enough power to watch tv while charging cell phones or a laptop, but not require too many amps at idle or full power from the battery.  It is best to wire it as close to the battery connection as possible, which usually means connecting it behind the converter where the battery leads are connected.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
FrogCouple View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 6:08pm
Can anyone tell me how I can watch my Jensen TV/DVD Player that came with my new 2014 Rpod off the battery? Do I need a special cable for that and what kind of cable do I need? How much of the battery does watching a DVD movie take? I do have a 2,800-Running Watts Inverter Portable Generator with Champion Engine that I can watch TV with but I am thinking it will take a lot of gas and be noisy for my neighbors. Any advice is much appreciated-thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123