R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUnder the Sink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under the Sink
    Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 2:28pm
Any one not on the road to Goshen besides me and can tell me what is holding that thin panel under the sink to form the back wall of that small cabinet? Don't care to rip it out. Want to see what is behind it. I know pipes and probably electrical, but does it drop down to the floor of the pod or is there a shelf behind it? I know I saw somewhere owners were able to increase storage. Thanks.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 5:05pm
There are many areas where this is true, but the locations differ depending on model - and model year.  For instance, on my early 171 they divided up the front-left under-seat storage between the converter (lid screwed closed) and open storage (lid hinged).  More recent model years left it all inaccessible unless you modify it yourself.  Even on my model year I've found several areas where you can create more storage by removing panels (under the fridge, and under the bed).  Some areas you must be careful due to wiring or piping, as you thought.

If you add your model and year to your signature someone here should be able to help with your specific situation.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 7:32pm
As a follow-up to my previous post, we have a 2011 182G.
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 7:44pm
We have the 177. I removed both panels and the floor you see (in the 177) in front of the panels goes all the way to the outside wall. There is an immense amount of room back there. I put a small plastic bowl over the electrical relay.. to protect it and cut small access holes for the wires and to allow for air movement over the relay. We also put an outside shower there and still have tons of room for storage under the sink.   Any wires etc. there just move them off to the side and tie them together.   Good luck.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:46pm
We pulled that back wall in the small cabinet tonight, and although there is quite a bit of open space, every thing is fixed, no play to electrical and we decided to just close it up. I don't travel with all the array of cast iron like some. Gave that up a long time ago. At least we found out what was behind there and it was clean. Thanks for your input and if we have need, I guess we will go back and revisit that space.
 Post Reply Post Reply