R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInitial Quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Initial Quality
    Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 2:11pm
Bought my 2012 used a month ago from the original owner, who never used it.  Turns put they never installed the TV antenna!  The wire is hanging out the hole, was stripped nicely, but the connector never installed.  If it was tore off, you would be able to tell.
2012 181G
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:34pm
Hello,
We found some issues with our 2015 171 also. We've only had it since 8/16 and camped in it 2 times since taking ownership.

1. Excess black caulking smeared on top of the roof between a/c and antenna. Looks like someone didn't have a rag to clean their hands with and just smeared on the roof.

2. Bathroom sink has a gap about 6" from the middle to the bottom on the right side against the wall. The screw is not screwed in all the way. 

3. Our kitchen table has a big gash on the corner and a a scratch on top as long as the table.

4. The converter panel door won't stay on because the panel was put on to close to the panel molding on the floor.

5. There is nicks on all the cabinets and when you open the frig door at the bottom there is a chunk of wood missing.

6. The screen door has a gap at the top, not sure if its bent or not lined up properly.

7. Some of the decals are lifting up at the ends.

8. The a/c filters have snags in them.

9. The tv screen has some pixels messed up to the point there is a constant green light when watching anything.

10. The Rdome has a snag in the screen and one of the window ties is sewn into a seam so that you can't tie anything with it.

But we are still very satisfied with the Pod.  I agree with everyone else that QC needs to gives these a better going over before they ship out. These little campers are not cheap and should not be put together like they are (cheap).
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 5:31pm
I hope you are taking yours back to your dealership!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 5:35pm
That sounds awful... should definitely be a  trip back to the dealership!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Avid Camper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 3:14pm
Thanks for listing all the things you found...we just bought a 178 and have had no issues but will check out all the listed areas just in case....thanks so much!

Smile  Avid Camper
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 4:03pm
When buying you really need to do a thorough walk thru with the tech before taking possession of your pod. The dealers have a printed list that they have you sign off on regarding the walk thru, so you need to have them demonstrate  and look at all the items before you take it. The walk thru can take a couple hours
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:53pm
I guess we are lucky but the only issue we had on our 2011 RP-172 was the door stop that sticks out was loose. I tightened it with a phillips screwdriver and that was it. No problems with any appliances, lights, wiring, plumbing etc. I was impressed with the initial quality of the pod , fit and finish .
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 11:58pm
Interesting .. and a little scary inasmuch as we've just committed to buy a new 171.  Well, I can see my walk-thru will take awhile cuz bringing it back to the dealership ain't an option!  Quality Control (or lack thereof) .. guess that's not unexpected in today's world.  Still, the R-pod is a pretty neat concept so we're excited and looking forward to getting out in it.

(note to self:  remember to turn on the TV)

Hope the OPs got their issues resolved satisfactorily.
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Luv2Q

Hope the OPs got their issues resolved satisfactorily.

Oops, believe I was referring to Capricorn here.
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 11:49am
Hello everyone, Just an update to all the problems we found.

We got a new table top, and its beautiful and perfect.

The door gap has been fixed, no more bugs should get in thank god.

The gap between the wall and bathroom sink I fixed my self, just needed a new screw and caulked but I did bring it to the dealers attention.

We got a new rdome and its awesome!!

The snag in the a/c filter isn't big enough for dometic to do anything about. Not a big deal as of yet, but believe me when it is I will be on top of it.

Now for the Icing on the cake, the tv pixel mess up. The tv has a constant green dot that no matter what you watch your eye is drawn to that. Especially when the screen is dark. The dealer got a new tv for us, but because there is only one pixel messed up they have to get approval from the manufacture which is Jensen to replace the tv. If they do it with out the approval they will be stuck with the $300 bill. Ok that's fine I understand that. What I don't understand is what's the difference, it's a defect and it's a brand new tv. If I go to best buy or some other department store and by a tv and it had the same problem, I would take it back and get a new one. Right???  Not a happy camper at the moment Censored

If FR would have better QC these problems would not be put on the consumer to deal with. Thumbs Down
Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with my Pod, I just wish people would take some pride in what they build. I have always believed you treat people the way you want to be treated. That also goes for building something as if it was your own.

Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>