R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCity water leak - Event Date: 27 Jun 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: City water leak
    Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 8:21pm
I have a 2013 R Pod 178 that has only been used a few times. The other night I woke up to water on the floor. It appears to be coming from somewhere near the city water hookup. I turned it off and unscrewed the hose. Also, I turned on the furnace recently and the air conditioner came on too! Have these things happened to anyone else?

Thanks guys.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 8:51pm
Welcome.  Over the years I've seen several solutions based on the thermostat in use.  Changing the fan to Off, or to Auto are two of them.  I also saw a solution of resetting the thermostat.

Can you get to the back of the city water connection or is it hidden by something like cabinets?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 6:35am
We had a very minor drip open up at the city water connection caused, I think, by a too tightly stretched
supply hose.  It seemed that the "torque", for lack of  better term, caused the screw-on connector to drip.

The access to the rear of the connector in a 177 is under the bed once the mattress is removed and the
plywood is unscrewed.  A pair of slip joint pliers and some very judicial tightening solved the problem.

Helpful hint:  As long as you are at it. figure out an access hatch in the plywood decking.  We used a 
flush mount marine hatch, but I'm sure there are less elegant, and less expensive, alternatives.  The area
you have just gotten into has a lot of stuff that you may need to get to from time to time.  The water
heater bypass valves for winterization are one example, unless you are small and supple enough to
squeeze into the storage compartment access hole....
Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
Budward View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by MN Family

Also, I turned on the furnace recently and the air conditioner came on too! Have these things happened to anyone else?

First time I turned on my furnace the AC fan came on.  What the?....
Anyway- there is a setting on the thermostat that will run AC fan to "help" heat circulation when the heater is running and you are on ac power.  This can be turned off.   Personally if I have AC power I'm not running the furnace, preferring to use a ceramic heater.

The manual for the thermostat, like many manuals, was missing from my owner's packet, I had to go find it and download it.  It is on the Dometic site, here is the furnace op summary-

“Furnace” - Furnace Mode
In this mode there are 3 fan speed selections:
Lo - (LOW): The fan operates continuously at low speed.
Hi - (HIGH): The fan operates continuously at high speed.
Au - (AUTO): The fan will be OFF.
Note: If additional indoor air circulation provided by the air conditioner
is not desired during Furnace Mode of operation, select Au
(AUTO) in the Fan Mode to shut the air conditioner fan off. If Lo
(LOW) or Hi (HIGH) is selected the air conditioner fan will continue
to operate on the selected speed.
2014 179
Towed by a 2015 Ford Transit Diesel
Supervised by a German/Aussie mix and a Labradoodle!
MN Family View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 9:25pm
Thank you all for the great advice regarding my city water leak and furnace & a/c. I'll pass on this info to my husband when I get home. I'm sure he'll be excited for an addition to his list! Haha. I must say, I have people at every gas station and campground wanting a tour of this sweet little Pod! Awesome little camper for a mom traveling alone with kids!
ANGCHIEF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 9:49pm

We experienced the same issue with the A/C fan on a cold night here in Alaska a few nights ago.  Scratched our heads and said, "why does the A/C come on when we select furnace???".  This really answers the question.  This forum is the greatest!!!  Saw several pods during our last few weeks in Yukon and Alaska; parked across from new pod owners in Anchorage and told them about this forum. 

Note:  We also find a small ceramic heater keeps our 2014 178 toasty warm at night!

Jan and Dean
2014 178
 Post Reply Post Reply