Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation
    Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 8:54pm
We got a good price in Vermont saved all the travel expense, dealership here is 35 miles from home
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Jay in Maryland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 1:08pm
fyi- I finally found time to post my photos/observations of the quality of my 2015 179 I bought at Couch's this winter and picked up in March. The post is in this sites Reviews section as its unrelated to Couch's, and is about the quality of my 2015 179 model. 
Jay
r-pod179
05 Tacoma PreRunner
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 2:58pm
Jay, it is not unrelated to Couch's. Though they are made by Forest River, Couch is the one selling it to you. They have a big piece of the pie. They should be going through the pod, checking everything before they pass it on to you. Their warranty person and the service manager should be fixing the long list of the problems you photographed and posted.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Commander203 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:57pm
As stated in my prior post that I would return for a report on my buying experience with RV Nation here in Ohio. We were originally planning on our pick up around the 7th. Our 179 didn't arrive until this morning. 

The service department jumped right to work on prep and we started our walk through at 1pm. Can't say enough good things about the way this purchase went. First let me say there was no mention of completing the sale prior to the prep or walk through. As a matter of fact we were allowed to watch dealer prep prior to our walk through. All persons from Brannon our salesman to Mike our prep/demonstration person in the service department were extremely professional and courteous. One of the other guys in the service department, I assume the service manager, didn't get his name, came by and informed us that if there was anything we were not satisfied with just let him know and it would be taken care of. I am totally satisfied with the buying experience, best I've ever experienced. Not like buying a new car at all. 

Now for the trailer. My wife and I dug really deep based on the information in this review, which by the way was extremely helpful. We found only a couple of the issues that are listed in this review, so thanks for the heads up. Otherwise, watched it being prepped and cleaned really good. Maybe that was because we were present, but a good job was performed. 

Mike did the hitch set up, appears to work just fine from the dealer back to the motel we eventually booked due to being tired of the wife's relatives. I had already installed a P2 brake controller but Mike got in the TV and made a few adjustments and the drive back to motel was great. I had an E2 hitch installed. We will be getting on the road back to Texas around 0500 hrs tomorrow. 

I hope this review of Jeff Couch's RV nation helps someone about deciding whether to purchase from them or not. Now we'll just see how the POD holds up. 

We only had minor dealings with the finance guy as we had a cashier's check for our purchase so can't comment about financing other than he tried really hard to sell us a $1649.00 four year extended warranty. Of course we refused thanks to this forum. I did read here or on the other one about other extended plans that are much cheaper if we decide to purchase one. 

Mike & Erin
2013 Tundra 4.6L V8 (Tow PK)
2006 Honda Goldwing GL 1800
2005 Honda VTX 1800N
Kobwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Commander203

As stated in my prior post that I would return for a report on my buying experience with RV Nation here in Ohio. We were originally planning on our pick up around the 7th. Our 179 didn't arrive until this morning. 

The service department jumped right to work on prep and we started our walk through at 1pm. Can't say enough good things about the way this purchase went. First let me say there was no mention of completing the sale prior to the prep or walk through. As a matter of fact we were allowed to watch dealer prep prior to our walk through. All persons from Brannon our salesman to Mike our prep/demonstration person in the service department were extremely professional and courteous. One of the other guys in the service department, I assume the service manager, didn't get his name, came by and informed us that if there was anything we were not satisfied with just let him know and it would be taken care of. I am totally satisfied with the buying experience, best I've ever experienced. Not like buying a new car at all. 

Now for the trailer. My wife and I dug really deep based on the information in this review, which by the way was extremely helpful. We found only a couple of the issues that are listed in this review, so thanks for the heads up. Otherwise, watched it being prepped and cleaned really good. Maybe that was because we were present, but a good job was performed. 

Mike did the hitch set up, appears to work just fine from the dealer back to the motel we eventually booked due to being tired of the wife's relatives. I had already installed a P2 brake controller but Mike got in the TV and made a few adjustments and the drive back to motel was great. I had an E2 hitch installed. We will be getting on the road back to Texas around 0500 hrs tomorrow. 

I hope this review of Jeff Couch's RV nation helps someone about deciding whether to purchase from them or not. Now we'll just see how the POD holds up. 

We only had minor dealings with the finance guy as we had a cashier's check for our purchase so can't comment about financing other than he tried really hard to sell us a $1649.00 four year extended warranty. Of course we refused thanks to this forum. I did read here or on the other one about other extended plans that are much cheaper if we decide to purchase one. 

How did the tow home go?  I will be leaving Dallas this weekend to pick up our new 180 on Monday. Hopefully our delivery goes as well as yours did.  At least it wasn't built on a Friday. 

Shawn, Mohyon, and Chewy
2016 Rpod 180 On Order : 2015 Silverado-Texas Edition
Commander203 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 6:46am
Kobwo, the tow was very good on the way back to Central Texas. We probably should have taken a couple of days for the drive, we really wanted to get home after being away for a couple of weeks. I think my biggest frustration was the traffic. We came into Dallas on I-30 West to the 635, for me absolutely horrendous. Even if I wasn't towing it still would have been just as bad.

The only thing I've found with the TT so far has been the saw dust issue. We had a little bit on the floor after we made the trip home. We have not taken the trailer out yet, first trip will be next weekend.

That's really good that your TT is already at the dealership, sure makes planning easier. The dealership's building is pretty small but don't let that be a concern. The way I see it, if they build a big fancy facility, those costs would probably be passed along to the customer. The service/preparation area is nice and they have a large selection of TTs on site. I was told the 179 is very popular right now, guess that's what took mine so long to get built. That was mainly my fault because the dealer had one for me but when they called, I hadn't made the decision to purchase. A couple of days later I called to tell them I wanted it, too late, they had sold it. I think it took about 5 weeks to get another one.

One more plug for the dealership, a few days after getting home, the salesman sent an email checking that we made it home OK and asked how the trip went. I thought that was pretty nice.

Anyway, I hope you have a safe trip and a pleasant buying experience. Don't forget to let us know how it went.
Mike & Erin
2013 Tundra 4.6L V8 (Tow PK)
2006 Honda Goldwing GL 1800
2005 Honda VTX 1800N
crosscountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:06pm
I didn't get past the negotiations stage with this shady dealer.  We agreed on a price that was lower than their online quote system by 1,500.  I reconfigured the rpod adding an AC and oven and asked for a discount over this new quote to which they said their online price quote was final.  They lied about the previous quotes including the 1,500 off which I have in writing.  The guy I spoke with at Couch's is a compulsive liar.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 9:03pm
Odd, I've never heard of them negotiating.  They discount up-front based on their bulk sales.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
vrodman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:49pm
I just purchased a RPod 179 a month ago. The price was good and I drove 2 days to pick it up. Salesman was nice. The orientation was about 2 hrs but mostly superficial, here's this and that. I am new to RV's and coulda' used a more in depth instruction class. I would have paid a little extra for it. Having to go through all of the manuals was excessive,  but neccessary. I have to say though, in this day and age, I think their Customer Service needs ALOT of improvement. I had numerous little things that weren't right and had to do them myself. (loose, stripped screws, rust on the step 2x3", bad cables for the TV etc) No biggie but I was on the road trip. My biggest complaint is that when you call, EVERYONE seems to be hiding behind their voice mail! Unprofessional. It took over 6hrs to wait for a call back and never came. I had to call again and that took 24hrs. Shameful. I would give them a rating of 4 out of 10 at best. AngryCustomer Service 101 = someone should have followed up after sale and inquired how things were and did I need anything with my new R Pod. It all left a sour taste in my mouth. Granted I wasn't buying a $200,000 rig, but still. Just sayin'...
HappyCamperLA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 10:49pm
Just wanted to give a shout out to Ray at Couchs. He was very responsive and answered all of our questions via email. We contacted many dealers in our pod hunt and the norm was to receive either a call when we asked for email contact, not hear back at all, or to receive partial responses. Couchs gave us a great price and ultimately we purchased from a local(ish) dealer who matched Couchs price - just added their cost to transport the RV (which was less than we would've paid ourselves) and an extra $400 because it's the Hood River edition. Feel a little bad not purchasing from Couchs since they were so helpful, but buying locally was too good of a deal to pass up, so I figure the least I can do is give 'em a shout out here
2017 R-Pod 172
TV: Town & Country minivan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>