Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation
    Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:43pm
I can understand the month to get the Dome, the dealers get larger parts like that as part of pod shipments from the factory.  They are thrown inside a pod that is headed for the dealer.  My dome arrived this way - it arrived inside a shipment of 3 pods as we were going through our delivery checkout, so they sent us to a local ice cream shop while they installed the snaps on the wall (which aren't used anymore, a good thing).  So it is likely they had to wait for it, then re-ship it to you.  That said, the dealer should have the option of paying the factory to ship it directly, IMO.

The smaller parts shouldn't require jumping through hoops.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:34pm
have heard a lot of this lately, once they sell a Pod they kind of abandon their owners.  no longer their problem it seems!
cody91 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:39am
Just some feedback and personal experience on Couch's RV Nation in Ohio.  I purchased an Rpod 178 from them earlier this year (2014).  I had them deliver the pod to my home so I didn't have a chance to inspect it.  Luckily the Pod was in decent condition when it arrived.  Just a few weird things I noticed, like missing screws and strange holes in the bottom of the Rpod but nothing that would affect it's normal operation.  Based on the past posts on this Forum, these things seem to be normal quality issues experienced with trailers in this price range.

The sales price I got from Couch's was good but my biggest disappointment has been the lackluster customer support in getting spare parts.  Originally the Pod was missing the Rdome I ordered with it and it took over a month for them to send it to me.  Over the course of the last few months, I also asked for spare screws, plastic bumpers and other small missing parts for the shades and these request were either denied or took a lot of emails and phone calls before they finally sent them to me.

I guess the sum of my experience with them is decent prices but not very good customer support. 

I hope this helps someone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678