R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedElectronic gauge for TV - Interceptor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electronic gauge for TV - Interceptor
    Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 8:09pm

Technically not a podmod but this is a TV mod specifically for towing.  I mentioned this on another thread a week ago and now that I've received it and played around with it I thought I would make a post.

If you've heard of the Scangauge, this is similar, but in gauge form:  http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html 

It plugs into the OBDII connection to get all of the parameters that are fed to the computer.  In my case I really want to see the torque converter slip and lockup status, as well as the oil and coolant temps (the dash gauge shows a different coolant temp).  I can already see the tranny temp, RPMs, and oil pressure on the dash.  This allows me to turn on the cooling fans if necessary, too.  If the truck throws an error it will show me the code.

I need to figure out where and how to mount it.  Unfortunately I ordered the wrong screen color - I got blue but the truck's displays are green.  No big deal.  It was fairly easy to set up to show just the stuff you want to see.  Irritatingly the lockup status doesn't work.  The slip reading is good so as long as it is zero I know the converter is locked up.  I think this will be a good addition when towing the pod.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 9:52am
You have some of the neatest gadgets.

Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 10:53am
On another forum I visit many folks use scangauges and like them.  Some also use them to constantly diagnose "problems" with them while driving.  I wonder how they have time to drive.  It is kind of like texting while driving.  Use some good sense with these tools and look down the road once in a while also.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply