R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRpod covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod covers
    Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 9:56pm
I would be interested if it would fit an RPod 173. 2010. Ill do some research, let me know if you Decide on a price, I live in Florida.

My name is Julia, I spelled it incorrectly when I first joined, I was sleepy that night....   
The Vintage Glamper
Lilly Pod
chiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 6:39pm
I just bought a Classic Adventure cover from my local dealer.  I got it home and opened the box and noted that it was the model two.  The box itself plainly states how since December how they now measure what model you are supposed to buy.  Using that guide and and from a phone call to Classic Adventure I am supposed to use the model three, not the two.  The local dealer swears the model two is what I should have for my 2014 178, but using the directions on Classic website, the box the cover comes in and my call to Classic the model two is not the correct model for the 178, the model three is the correct one.  You are now supposed to measure from the back end of the pod all the way to the end of the hitch in the front and that measurement comes to 20 feet which calls for the model three as the model two is for the pods that measure 18 ft or so using the new way to measure.  Although you are now supposed to measure the new way, the cover will not cover the battery or the propane tank but that is standard with their covers.

My local dealer is going to contact Classic as they are confused on the subject as they state they were told by a Classic rep at a recent dealer show to use the model two on the 178, but I have been told by Classic that that is wrong and the model three is the correct on for the 178 and the directions on the box the cover comes in also states the 178 takes the model three.  I hope they sort it all out as I currently have something (have not taken it out of the box) that Classic states is the wrong model yet the dealer swears that it (the model two) is the correct cover for the 178.

Hope the get it straight soon!!!  OuchOuch

Rphelps
2017 180 "Frog" towed by 2017 Toyota Tacoma with co-pilot "Willow" a 80 lb Labradoodle
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by chiman

I just bought a Classic Adventure cover from my local dealer.  I got it home and opened the box and noted that it was the model two.  The box itself plainly states how since December how they now measure what model you are supposed to buy.  Using that guide and and from a phone call to Classic Adventure I am supposed to use the model three, not the two.  The local dealer swears the model two is what I should have for my 2014 178, but using the directions on Classic website, the box the cover comes in and my call to Classic the model two is not the correct model for the 178, the model three is the correct one.  You are now supposed to measure from the back end of the pod all the way to the end of the hitch in the front and that measurement comes to 20 feet which calls for the model three as the model two is for the pods that measure 18 ft or so using the new way to measure.  Although you are now supposed to measure the new way, the cover will not cover the battery or the propane tank but that is standard with their covers.

My local dealer is going to contact Classic as they are confused on the subject as they state they were told by a Classic rep at a recent dealer show to use the model two on the 178, but I have been told by Classic that that is wrong and the model three is the correct on for the 178 and the directions on the box the cover comes in also states the 178 takes the model three.  I hope they sort it all out as I currently have something (have not taken it out of the box) that Classic states is the wrong model yet the dealer swears that it (the model two) is the correct cover for the 178.

Hope the get it straight soon!!!  OuchOuch

Rphelps

it is 100% the model 3 for 178 and 18xg model Rpods.  those were made specifically for the bigger pods.  hope they get it straightened out for you!

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 9:05pm
Julia I can change your user name if you want, let me know.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rimshot View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 9:42pm
I was wondering just how difficult it is to put the cover on your R-pod. Just got mine home and I have it park under a tree so I thought I'd just cover the top up with one of those cheap blue tarps to keep the tree debris off. There was a very slight breeze and needless to say it's still not covered. I've decided to take the trees out since they're starting to damage my driveway but I may still may get a cover to keep the sun off of it....Bill
SeattleMALCKS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 3:02pm
You can find a cover for the 178 at:

http://classicaccessories.com/rv-covers/travel-trailer/new-polypro-3-r-pod-trailer-cover.html

But it is cheaper on Amazon rather from Classic. I haven't bought one yet but am looking into it.
LN22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 8:30am
Amazon has the covers for the 20' Pods.  Cheaper than ordering fm Classic.  If you're a Prime member, shipping is free.  Just ordered one and will let you know how it fits. Dick
"Smart folk learn from their own experiences, wise ones from other peoples"
Markie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:36pm
I'm interested in purchasing a cover for my 178 and I called Classic Accessories to ask if the 20' model accomiodates the antenna and AC unit on the roof. They said the cover wasn't designed for it.  Has anyone actually tried the Classic Accessories cover on their 178? how's it fit? Thanks in advance for any response.

Mark
Mark & Vicki
R-POD 178 & 2015 Silverado 5.3L
Weimeraner "Zeke"
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:36pm
It will cover them fine. It just won't have pockets for them like the FR one does. They say the same thing about the size 2 cover. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12