R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFlorida Christmas Pod venture - Event Date: 22 Dec 2013 - 27 Dec 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Florida Christmas Pod venture
    Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 4:39pm
We left Sebastian, Fl (our Home ) @ 10:AM 12/22 headed for Paines Prarie SP, just below Gainesville, Fl.- (home of the Gators), 188 miles, to visit wife's son for Christmas, awoke to 38 degrees Christmas eve- brrrr, but sunny and beautiful. Left Christmas morning for Anastasia SP in Saint Augustine, 78 miles, Fl. to visit my son for Christmas, cldy and windy not good beach weather. We prefer State Parks, 
"The Real Florida"
facilities are clean and as Fl. senior 50% off Smile
Headed home on the 27th. 163 miles.
This is our first trip in the Pod I have towed a lot of RV's  I am impressed with how well it handles, I have to get used to the wheels outside the body (curbs and all).
 We averaged 11.4 MPG total trip hooked and unhooked, AC and not, 544 total miles, with my old 1994 Chev. k1500. above miles all interstate, except between GV and St. Aug. the rest was around town.
We encountered 1 Pod headed south on I-75 didn't make contact, and 2 nice folks who were pod owners (RP178) pulled up next to us on SR312 St. Aug. didn't exchange names, if you read this, HI FOLKS ! Big smile
Over and Out. Wink
RpodD2 (dan)

Anita & Dan
RP177/ TV 08 GMC P/U
The Tweeners View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 7:35pm
HI FOLKS Smile That was us on SR 312!!! We live here in St. Augustine.  Our 20 year old daughter was in the backseat and was shaking her head at us the whole time we were trying to get your attention LOL.  We live only about 5 miles south of Anastasia which is really nice (tho we haven't stayed there) we ride our bikes through there often. We have heard many good things about Paines Prairie & hope to stay there sometime.  It's been a while since we stayed at Sebastian SP…really like it but can't stand the bugs!!! As for the "wheels outside the body" I understand completely. Especially when pulling up to the gas pumps LOL  

Safe travels!

Mike & Jody

Tweeners
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 9:19am
I agree about the wheels.  I have many years of towing experience yet I managed to jump a curb on a right-hand turn on our first trip out with the pod.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply