R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLow point drain 178 - Event Date: 10 Nov 2013 - 30 Nov 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Low point drain 178
    Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 11:12am
when I blew out my lines, I hooked up my compressor, set it to 30 psi or so, opened the low points and let it blow for a few minutes, then did each valve separately, and let it blow until I felt it was as dry as it was going to get.

In all honesty, my take on it is this.. your pod is plumbed with PEX. PEX can be frozen solid and it will not burst. Seen, it done it. In fact was just thinking the other day of doing a demonstration directly of such, since I have some PEX tubing and fittings laying around.. The big danger, IMHO is the water pump, faucets/valves, P traps, and WH. NONE of those will survive a freeze. They are what you are trying to protect with winterization. So, no matter what method you use, as long as THOSE are protected, the rest is gravy.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by furpod

when I blew out my lines, I hooked up my compressor, set it to 30 psi or so, opened the low points and let it blow for a few minutes, then did each valve separately, and let it blow until I felt it was as dry as it was going to get.

In all honesty, my take on it is this.. your pod is plumbed with PEX. PEX can be frozen solid and it will not burst. Seen, it done it. In fact was just thinking the other day of doing a demonstration directly of such, since I have some PEX tubing and fittings laying around.. The big danger, IMHO is the water pump, faucets/valves, P traps, and WH. NONE of those will survive a freeze. They are what you are trying to protect with winterization. So, no matter what method you use, as long as THOSE are protected, the rest is gravy.

Shall I come over with the camera?  We can call it Pod-Busters.  We'll debunk fails, document mods, and blow something up at the end of each one?  
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 9:25pm
In the instructions I've posted (link in my sig), I recommend opening the low point drains, and the other valves, one at a time.  Just long enough to see dark pink.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123