R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnnual winter campout, French Creek PA - Event Date: 17 Jan 2014 - 19 Jan 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Annual winter campout, French Creek PA
    Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:10pm
Personally I'm having a scheduling issue all over the place

Hickory Run, SW of Reading - No Winter Camping

Blue Falls Grove - No call back yet from message left (I don't think they offer winter)

Sill's Camp -Left Message waiting call back.

http://koa.com/campgrounds/jonestown/ KOA Jonestown does have Winter Camping 30 AMP $32.00 - Water is on with heated Bath House and they also have a Heated Activity Room

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 4:59pm
I received a message today from the admin of another forum, who said they do annual trips to French Creek (I believe the same group that was there 2 years ago) and were planning on being there the same weekend as us again this year - until he read that it was closed.  He's looking into alternatives and will get back to me so we may have more options depending on what he finds.

Sounds like the KOA in Jonestown is viable, so at least there is one option.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Yak View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 6:04pm
The admin who never showed for a winter campoutWink
At this point I won't be able to make it, the 17th is the day I'm scheduled to return to work, we also have the granddaughter that weekend
CanvasCamperMatt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 6:38pm
Hey Yak I was moving the last time I was last going to go....

Hi, I'm Matt from CanvasCampers.  I have a 1989 Class C RV.  I used to have Popups previously and Tent camped as a kid with the Boy Scouts.  I am on Staff at CanvasCampers running the FaceBook Page and help out on some of the Rallies.....the Winter Rally being one of them.

Yak mentioned he ran into you guys a few years ago and someone else from our group, Suzanne and Chris, ran into Brian and MaryKay with an R-Pod on New Years and were talking and found out our groups were planning on going to French Creek in January.  2 smaller groups combined = 1 larger fire and Pot Luck Thumbs Up  so I contacted Doug.

Below are 3 campgrounds that I put out to my group.  

Blue Rocks in Lenhartsville PA. $39

Sills Campground in Lancaster PA $42

Lazy K in Berks PA $43 per night.

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:01pm
I spoke with Sills Today - they do not have heated bath houses open but they have about 6-7 sites that have full hook ups.  They were going to check about opening Shady Oaks for us in Newmanstown which we could dry camp and have heated bath houses.  $42 a night How may from the other group?

I spoke with Jonestown KOA and they have room for us PLUS they have heated bath houses AND a MULTI PURPOSE room heated that we can use.  $32 a night

Date is not set in stone we can come up with a new date

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
Yak View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 9:11pm
I think it will be tough for me to take time off this winter, I've been out on disability since 10/01, so maybe a day trip.
 Matt, I was thinking of Popup Steve, he was supposed to be there in 2011, the first year. 
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 9:48pm
We have had 5 people seem interested on our thread.  Obviously peoples schedules will play a factor in how many people go.  I was just reminded that the Lehigh Valley RV show is the weekend of the 11th and I know many of our PA people are going to the show on that weekend.  

I don't think anyone in my group will dry camp.  I don't have a propane heater in my RV so I need to plug in an electric heater. 
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:57pm
I just heard from someone who has a good contact at the campground.  French Creek is Open!!!  The situation is that they are now on a first come first serve basis until April.  They are doing the sewer project 2-3 sites at a time and with weather as a factor they can not guarantee any site or dates.  Therefore they went to a FCFS basis.  

On our website by just mentioning French Creek is an option again and we just picked up another possible camper.  I will call the campground directly tomorrow to confirm how payment is going to work.  I have a feeling I'm going to have to dust off my checkbook and bring it with me....who pays anything with a check anymore?????  Anyway, the CanvasCampers are looking at going next weekend, 17-19.  We'll have some more info tomorrow regarding payment and in another day or two we should be able to see the weather and people will start committing to going. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 9:32pm
Thanks for the update.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:24am
I just called and spoke to Chris in the office at the campground.  Everything is on a First Come First Serve Basis.  There is a box and self registration form at the kiosk when you enter the campground.  We are to fill out the form and then put cash or check in the envelope and put it into the box. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>