This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWe're Finally Podders!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: We're Finally Podders!
    Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 7:44pm
We have been owners of an R Pod for 36 hours now.  We were fortunate to find a well loved 176 from one of the other members of this board who was moving up to a bigger unit.  Luckly, the prior owner made numerous modification that exactly paralleled our wishes.  The only thing we are really concerned about is the lack of a rear bumper.  That may be our first big project.

I have been lurking on this site for months and credit all of you for providing a lot of insight on what I wanted and expected from a Pod, thank you all.  We are looking forward to taking our Pod for a one night test run next week, which may lead to many questions for you.  Right now just reading all the manuals and instructions and making sure we know how to operate everything and practicing in the driveway. 

Thank you for being such an open and sharing group.
Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
Thredbende View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 8:08pm
Welcome Bill and Nancy! Glad we have been of use already. I am camped by the Ohio River right now, waiting for our little gas stove to boil pasta water to for pesto, brought frozen from home in our little freezer. Greyhound and husband are stretched out in bed. There is wood smoke outside, but I drove 7 hours and want only comfort food. A river barge is passing about 200 feet away. I am on my second wine glass of grapefruit juice. The coastal storm of the east coast is far away and tomorrow there is sun, harvest festivals, flea markets and stocking knitting for me. The Green Pod is home, and all America is my front yard.
You too are now free to move about the country. Write us and share your adventures! Get out and have fun. The manuals should come with you, preferably tabbed and corraled in a binder. But our species would die off in a generation if people read reproductive health textbooks before, ah, attempting procreative activities. Hurrah for your next week!
Thredbende
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 9:54pm
Are you camping in Metropolis IL? We were there and listened to the river boats a year ago last spring.

Welcome Bill and Nancy!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
sammycamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:09pm
Welcome to podding. This is our first full season with ours, and we're still getting the hang of the smallness of it. Our previous campers had more space, but they didn't have the rPod personality. Did you crawl out of a tent into an rPod, or downsize like us?

In the mean time, I can't think of any better advice than Thredbende already offered, and I think it bears repeating:

Originally posted by Thredbende

Get out and have fun. The manuals should come with you, preferably tabbed and corraled in a binder. But our species would die off in a generation if people read reproductive health textbooks before, ah, attempting procreative activities. Hurrah for your next week!

Sam
2012 rPod 173
2008 Trailblazer 4WD V6
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:44pm
Welcome.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
MoPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 8:57am
Thank you for your welcomes.  We are outside of KC, MO so our first experiences will be in Weston Bend State Park for just a quickie.

Our camping history is pop-up, briefly an older class C (didn't work at all for us), a Livin' Lite pop-up in our pick-up bed, an 11' Livin Lite Campfire, and now this.  We just can't seem to find what is right for us.  We had a 34' tow behind on our property for 5 years while we built our house, so have more experience with campers than it would seem.

Our biggest hurdle is going to be not coming to blows backing it in and setting it up...it is always the other person's fault when we don't get it parked in the spot and set up like we like.  Our goal is not to be the couple hollering at each other as we set up!

Look forward to visiting with you more.
Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
arkieguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 9:52am
Welcome, we got our Pod last month and this site has been a wealth of help and information!
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 9:55am
Yea for you, MoPod! Weick up our new 178 in 2 hours and 6 minutes...but who's counting!  Tongue  Can't wait to meet up with other Podders. Safe travels!
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 9:57am
Hmmm, love how my iPad changes my words.   Ouch  Suppose to say "We pick up"... Anyway, here's to all the great adventures ahead!
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
 Post Reply Post Reply