Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRPod 178... Finally!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPod 178... Finally!
    Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 11:23pm
Last Saturday we finally got to get a look at the new 178's at our dealer in Santa Rosa, CA. There are some noticeable changes from last year's model. There is a new mattress...it actually looks like a mattress and not merely a foam pad. The t.v. over the queen bed is gone. There is a t.v. attached to a swivel arm so it can be seen from the back bed area or directed to face the dining table. The fabric design and colors have changed. I have to say I don't care so much for the choices, but oh well. You can now access the storage areas under the seats at the dining area. They are now hinged. There are speakers on the outside of the Pod on the door side and a place inside to plug in a USB memory stick for music. The color of the kitchen faucet is bronze, again not sure I like that color. The faucet has a sprayer that pulls down out of the spigot. 

Next Saturday we get the walk through, pay the bill, and drive our yet to be named Pod home! We are beyond excited. Big smile I really wish we were heading into June instead of mid- October. I'm feeling the need of a road trip!
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:17am
Congrats on the 178!  You could always come over to Florida for our get together for a road trip!

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 7:19am
Congrats.  After you hit the Florida get together, head up to Oregon for our next Roundup.  This past August we were at Seaside Oregon.  We had 23 Rods and 11 other Forest Products with a total of 74 campers.  Had a great time.  Keep an eye on this forum for details of next years Roundup.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 8:22am
Congrats!!  You are receiving your new 178 before we are.  Ours won't be delivered until the middle of next month and you mentioned a few details we are not aware of.  I know what you mean about the color choices.  Our production run will have the Saddle interior, which is not my favorite based on the photos I have seen, but it may look better when we actually see it.

Have fun, and enjoy it.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:06am
Lot of nice new features.  Very glad to finally see them in production and new Podders getting them!
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:05am
We'd love to get to the Florida get together, but you know, work calls. Wink We'll keep an eye out for the Oregon Round Up next summer. That sounds like a blast! Counting the days till Saturday!
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
drjim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 8:07am
We got our 178 and are taking it out for the first time this weekend.
I will be winterizing it on our first trip and we plan to do some 'dry' trips later on in the year.
This forum has been really helpful and the steps for winterizing are great!
I wish we had gotten the pod earlier in the year, but have some longer trips planned for next year!
Jim
drjim
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by drjim

We got our 178 and are taking it out for the first time this weekend.
I will be winterizing it on our first trip and we plan to do some 'dry' trips later on in the year.
This forum has been really helpful and the steps for winterizing are great!
I wish we had gotten the pod earlier in the year, but have some longer trips planned for next year!
Jim

Welcome and good luck on your first outing!!
The Tweeners View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 8:29pm
We purchased our 178 Pod today at the RV Show in St. Augustine, FL.  Unfortunately we don't get to pick it up until next Saturday but I've already booked our first trip!  We have been Starcraft pop-up owners for almost 6 years.  I loved our pop-up but the set up/break down was really starting to ware on us...especially in the Florida summer heat! I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and have been taking notes Smile. If there is a Florida Pod outing we would love to know about it.  Looking forward to running into other Pod owners in our travels.

Tweeners
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by The Tweeners

We purchased our 178 Pod today at the RV Show in St. Augustine, FL.  Unfortunately we don't get to pick it up until next Saturday but I've already booked our first trip!  We have been Starcraft pop-up owners for almost 6 years.  I loved our pop-up but the set up/break down was really starting to ware on us...especially in the Florida summer heat! I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and have been taking notes Smile. If there is a Florida Pod outing we would love to know about it.  Looking forward to running into other Pod owners in our travels.

Congratulations, glad to have you out there with us.  You'll love you 178!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>