Topic ClosedNewbie with questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie with questions
    Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 7:27pm
We have spent a month in our 171 on two different occassions once on a trip to Florida from Vermont, it included Disney world, Lion Country Safari, the keys and several Flying J truck stops up and down the east coast. Usinfg our dome, we had plenty of room and storage.
The last time was a month straight at Cape Hatteras, that too was great! We also pull with a Dodge Grand Caravan which helps a lot with the storge.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 8:44am
We've done 2 weeks in ours, and were ready for more.  My biggest thing is being trapped in the "crack" between the bed and the wall!

ConfusedEmbarrassedLOL
Hylandspirit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 8:44pm
Big smileAgain, thanks to everyone for your stories.  After doing more research, we think the 178 will be about perfect for us.  I am able to pack very light.  Like several people have said, using an extended cab truck to pull will give us additional space.  I love the idea of the rdome.  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
We flew into the states on Saturday for a short visit.  We did not expect to buy on this trip since retirement is still 6 months away.  We drove from FL to LA looking for Rpod dealers along the way.  We found dealers, but none had the 178.  We got about 40 miles from our house and there was a dealer with 7 pods on his lot!!  We couldn't believe it.  And he had a 178.  They are not as inexpensive down here as up north, but we could not resist.  This afternoon we pick up our brand new 178.  We are thrilled.  The r-dome won't be in...don't keep them in stock.  We'll be picking that up on our way back east.  Can't wait to hit the road.  Tongue  We are looking forward to running into other podders and seeing the mods people have done.  I'll post a pic of our set up soon.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 2:33pm
Congrats!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Hylandspirit

We flew into the states on Saturday for a short visit.  We did not expect to buy on this trip since retirement is still 6 months away.  We drove from FL to LA looking for Rpod dealers along the way.  We found dealers, but none had the 178.  We got about 40 miles from our house and there was a dealer with 7 pods on his lot!!  We couldn't believe it.  And he had a 178.  They are not as inexpensive down here as up north, but we could not resist.  This afternoon we pick up our brand new 178.  We are thrilled.  The r-dome won't be in...don't keep them in stock.  We'll be picking that up on our way back east.  Can't wait to hit the road.  Tongue  We are looking forward to running into other podders and seeing the mods people have done.  I'll post a pic of our set up soon.

Congratulations. We are hoping to move from the pop up to a 178 sometime in the future. Do you mind posting what you paid? They seem to go for a lot more $$$ her on he west coast.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 9:37pm
We paid $16,500 for the 178 with a/c, the entertainment center, 2 deep cell batteries, dual 20 lb LP tanks, an electric jack, and r-dome.  Those are the main things.  We had them do little things like put in 2 12-volt plugs so we could run fans if dry camping.  We have seen where folks up north (mostly) get better deals.  We were just happy to find one especially near where we are going to base out of.  Yes we noticed also that west coast prices are higher.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 9:39pm
I just realised that people may think LA is Los Angeles...sorry I meant Louisiana.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12