Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnother new member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another new member
    Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 6:18pm
Well after about 15 years camping in a pop up I think I am ready to move to a smal TT and the R- Pod looks promising. I am looking forward to a little less set up time and being able to load up the camper without having to pop up.

I am in Santa Barbara CA and am interested either a gently used or possibly a new pod. I have been lurking here for a while and have seen lots of pictures on the net but I have yet to set foot in one. Barber RV in Ventura no longer caries the pod and the nearest dealer appears to be RV Spa in Upland CA.

There is an RV show in Pamona CA coming up in October, do you think I would get a better deal at a show ?

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and thak everyone for all the information found on this site.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 7:20pm
Welcome dman.  We have a "flea market" section where you can post a wanted ad, if you want.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 7:23pm
Hi Dman! My husband and I are following the same path as yourself, although we might be a few steps ahead. Last Sunday we sold our 2000 Coleman Sun Valley tent trailer and yesterday we put a deposit down on a 2014 rPod 178. Our kids are grown and I was tired of the set-up and take down that the tent trailer required. It had served our purposes well, but it was time to move on. We're getting our Pod in Santa Rosa at the Santa Rosa RV Sales. So far we've been happy with our treatment there. We won't be receiving our trailer for another 3 or 4 weeks. We can't wait! Any way, good luck with your search!
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 7:27pm
Welcome and good luck!
dman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by The Pod Couple

Hi Dman! My husband and I are following the same path as yourself, although we might be a few steps ahead. Last Sunday we sold our 2000 Coleman Sun Valley tent trailer and yesterday we put a deposit down on a 2014 rPod 178. Our kids are grown and I was tired of the set-up and take down that the tent trailer required. It had served our purposes well, but it was time to move on. We're getting our Pod in Santa Rosa at the Santa Rosa RV Sales. So far we've been happy with our treatment there. We won't be receiving our trailer for another 3 or 4 weeks. We can't wait! Any way, good luck with your search!

I was going to drive to the dealer in Upland this weekend to take a look but i decided the holiday traffic was not worth it. The California RV show is coming in October down in Pomona CA. Might be my chance to actually set foot in an r pod. How much did you end up paying for the 178?.
The Pod Couple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:36pm
We haven't written the final check yet, still waiting to pick up the trailer. I believe the trailer without tax and DMV is $17,500.
Larry &Pat
The Pod Couple
2001 Ford F150
2014 RPod 178
dman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by The Pod Couple

We haven't written the final check yet, still waiting to pick up the trailer. I believe the trailer without tax and DMV is $17,500.

Larry and Pat, same price we have been quoted. I hope to be joining you soon. thanks!
GA_RPOD_178 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 8:42am
Welcome.  We love our 178.  17500 seems a little high, but maybe its a California demand thing.  If you are having to wait 3-4 weeks, demand must be pretty high and therefore the sellers aren't really having to deal much.

You can get a quote here, including delivery.

https://www.couchsrvnation.com/forest-river/travel-trailer/r-pod/rpod-17812

Happy Podding!

[/URL]
dman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by GA_RPOD_178

Welcome.  We love our 178.  17500 seems a little high, but maybe its a California demand thing.  If you are having to wait 3-4 weeks, demand must be pretty high and therefore the sellers aren't really having to deal much.

You can get a quote here, including delivery.

https://www.couchsrvnation.com/forest-river/travel-trailer/r-pod/rpod-17812

Happy Podding!

I emailed Couchs RV last week. They quoted $13,949 + $2850 to deliver to CA. That $16,799. The local quote was for a Hood River edition, I assume Couchs was not. It seems pretty close. 

The people at Couchs were very helpfull, wish I could buy from them and not worry about delivery charges. Maybe i need to go on a road trip LOL
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 7:32pm
I should think a person could drive to Ohio and back for a bit less than $3200..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>