R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWrong size refrigerator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong size refrigerator
    Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:57am
I'd be curious to see side-by-side photos of different models, with maybe a gallon of milk in each one for scale.  I'll see if I can verify my model and get a photo tonight since mine is currently right next to the house.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
asreichler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 7:05pm
Folks it's not a question of being ok it's a question that they, FR, made a big deal about having a larger than the other guy refrigerator. The difference is 2 inches deeper. I would never have known the difference except I have a bad habit of reading the literature that comes with a product. I was a full timer for 16 years and have had diesel pusher to straight pull trailers. We started camping in a VW bus back in the early 70,s.I understand manufacturing and the manufactures issues. I originally brought this up wondering if this was a wide spread issue or one with just a few of us getting caught with a small problem. The question has gone from simple to,sell it if you don't like it, wow.
Allen
2014 178 TV 2004 Dodge 2500 deisel
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 7:28pm

For what its worth, here is a pic of mine.  I confirmed it is an 8501.  There is about an inch between the front of the milk carton and the edge of the shelf.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by asreichler

Folks it's not a question of being ok it's a question that they, FR, made a big deal about having a larger than the other guy refrigerator. The difference is 2 inches deeper. I would never have known the difference except I have a bad habit of reading the literature that comes with a product. I was a full timer for 16 years and have had diesel pusher to straight pull trailers. We started camping in a VW bus back in the early 70,s.I understand manufacturing and the manufactures issues. I originally brought this up wondering if this was a wide spread issue or one with just a few of us getting caught with a small problem. The question has gone from simple to,sell it if you don't like it, wow.
Allen

Allen I get what you're saying, and yuh even my own comment wasn't really even helpful to what you were actually saying.

It's the internet though, always hard to tell someones inflection or feelings behind their words.

But now I have a question, and this is just curiosity, but what literature or info did FR provide or tell you where they " made a big deal about having a larger than the other guy refrigerator" ?  Again this is just curiosity, but it's something I'd be interested in knowing.  

And please don't think any of us are trying to complicate your post, I'm certain that was never anyone's intent.
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 10:17pm
  I think that it is good information for those shopping for a new r-pod,it is something one could check along with other items. They could change the hot water heater to gas only or something else. It could make a difference in which r-pod you would like to buy if there are several available to chose from.   David
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:31am
For what it is worth neither FR or the dealer made "a big deal" to us about the fridge size to us when we were shopping. If they did to you then you have a right to go back to them and ask for them to make good on their promises.

It seems like there are always complaints about different thing on the pods. Some dislike the mattresses, some the television, some the Air, some the slide etc. It all comes down to what I said. Each of us has to determine how much it detracts from our ability to enjoy the purchase. If it is a show stopper the answer is clear. If every time you get into your pod the fridge ticks you off then you will not enjoy it and it is time for something else.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:31am
I am not going to say I have a clue.. but I sure have never heard the R-Pod fridge touted as "biggest in class" or anything else. Our DEALER did point out it was a 3-way, most aren't.

As far as volume, I seriously doubt that missing quart of space is going to end a camping trip early, and at least in our case, would be/is a moot point. (we shop on almost every camping trip anyways, and still carry a large cooler with us). It's a fact that TT maufacturers change up model specs, and equipment from time to time.

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by asreichler

The question has gone from simple to,sell it if you don't like it, wow.
Allen

Not going to lie.. your first 3 posts are pretty "GGRRRrrr FR is the Suxors", so it sounds like you have a REAL issue with this.

If the issue bothers you that much.. I believe the right answer might be to sell it. Then you won't be agravated by it every time you open the fridge.

BTW.. the fridge is the EXACT size it was when you looked at the pod before buying, and thought to yourself, "Yeah that's big enough for what we/I need".. Wink
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:26am

Techntrek, do you use the freezer on yours?  It looks like from the pic that the door to it is removed and I was curious if it was just out of the pic frame or if you did that on purpose ... if on purpose I never thought of taking the door off to gain more fridge space ...

P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:29am
And his door opens backwards... LOL

Ours had a sticker on the freezer door that said if you didn't need freezer space, you could just remove it for more "fridge".. we keep it because I want my "whiskey stones" as cold as I can get them.. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>