R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBAL Leveler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kymooses View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAL Leveler
    Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by wingnut2312

Thanks guys! Ordered that and a surge protector. Next year, the slide out awning and a hardwired surge protector!

Is it difficult to winterize the rpod? I haven't even changed my own oil and the better half won't stop giving me the evil eye when I say I wantto try it.

Winterizing is the easiest thing you will do to your Pod besides enjoying it.

Your first season it will maybe take you 1/2 hour just because you aren't familiar with the process or which way to turn things.

After you've done it once, it literally will take you around 10 minutes probably.  My wife helped last year just because she was in the Pod cleaning at the time.  She turned all the faucets on and off for me.  Took us probably 3 minutes all said and done?
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:26pm
Thanks guys! Ordered that and a surge protector. Next year, the slide out awning and a hardwired surge protector!

Is it difficult to winterize the rpod? I haven't even changed my own oil and the better half won't stop giving me the evil eye when I say I wantto try it.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by wingnut2312

I've been reading review for the BAL leveler. It seems that the leveler has problems with tires larger than 13". Is this true? We want one for our 182g, but not if it doesn't fit.

Thanks

No problems here, 181g.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:17pm
all pods have 14" wheels from the factory...
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:10am
I've been reading review for the BAL leveler. It seems that the leveler has problems with tires larger than 13". Is this true? We want one for our 182g, but not if it doesn't fit.

Thanks
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 9:40pm
GAA = Grease Automotive and Artillery. POL sample bottle is a small bottle used in the armed forces to send in oil and fuel samples for testing, hold about 3 ounces, very handy. I have some left over from them 20 years in the Army.. (and some GAA) It's pretty good grease.

If you go to the Dexter website, there is a tutorial on the axle. The biggest trick is figuring out how to get the little top off the hub cover.. LOL.
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by furpod

No need to install bearing buddies, the Pod already has EZ Lube axles from Dexter. I don't personally care to carry a whole grease gun, so I carry just a couple ounces of GAA in a POL sample bottle..

Thanks for the clarification.  I have only had my 2010 173 for 2 weeks and don't even know its axle is a Dexter or a Lippert.  Due to HOA restrictions, I have to keep it in off-site storage and have not yet had a chance to check it that closely. 

The grease gun that I carried for my boat and travel trailers in the past is similar to this one, using a small 3 ounce cartridge of wheel bearing grease.  http://www.amazon.com/Lubrimatic-30-192-Midget-Grease-Gun/dp/B000BXMEKA

I am not familiar with GAA or POL sample bottles, so perhaps you taught me two things.  Now, if mine is a Dexter axle I am all set.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 8:27pm
No need to install bearing buddies, the Pod already has EZ Lube axles from Dexter. I don't personally care to carry a whole grease gun, so I carry just a couple ounces of GAA in a POL sample bottle..
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 7:39pm
An alternative to carrying a bottle of wheel bearing grease is to install Bearing Buddies and just carry a small grease gun with a cartridge of bearing grease.  Keep it wrapped up in a large freezer bag and there is never any mess or fuss.  Plus, they indicate if the bearings need more grease or not.  http://www.bearingbuddy.com/
ThePinoyPodders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 7:30pm
Thanks for the information guys!  

I think we will be levelling that wheel with wood or paving stones for the winter and removing the Bal leveler.  I like the idea of having a bottle of grease with us for the longer trips too!  Thanks for the suggestion furpod:) 

-ThePinoyPodders (Hubby) 
2010 R Pod 172
2013 Ford F-150
https://www.facebook.com/ThePinoyPodders
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>