This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:02pm
Nice TV.

Welcome!

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
pawpod00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pawpod00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:24pm
Thanks

FJ is my passion. Now FJ & R-Pod.
AdventuR-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AdventuR-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:57pm
Ours too !! Magma coloured FJ and 177  R-pod !! You can see us coming !  Love, love !! 
Dave & Carol
Nanoose Bay, BC
177 R-Pod
2013 FJ Cruiser
Prof_K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prof_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:35am
Just got our new 179 home.  Towed fine with the Santa Fe but we do need a sway control. I would love to find some easy way to lift the back end of the Santa Fe. Hyundai doesn't permit a WDH. I'm thinking of trying the Air Lift 1000 system

Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:55am
QUOTE=Prof_K] Just got our new 179 home.  Towed fine with the Santa Fe but we do need a sway control. I would love to find some easy way to lift the back end of the Santa Fe. Hyundai doesn't permit a WDH. I'm thinking of trying the Air Lift 1000 system
[/QUOTE]

Air lift would work but I hear that some of them are noisy. 

Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:59am
We had Air Lift 1000 on our Sienna.  No issues with noise.  A shame you can't put a WDH on there, that is the proper solution.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
CFWARREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFWARREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:19pm
Here's a couple, taken on my first trip out, getting a feel for it on the open road, spent a couple days in Central Wa, these pics are near Vantage, Wa:

2016 179 - Hood River Edition
2008 Nissan Xterra
flyingfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote flyingfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:53am
So my wife and I are off on a tour around the lower 48 states in our 171.  We picked up a two year old r-pod and trialed it out camping a few times before setting off from San Jose, CA.  We were pulling it with a Toyota Tundra (V6, 3400cc). 

Hooked up for departure

Pulling out

As our (bad) luck would have it our truck, Beluga, started having troubles in Southern California and wasn't having anything to do with hills by Arizona.  Coupled with other issues we'd had with it, we needed a replacement.  We stayed with family for a few days in Phoenix while we sorted out a new TV and are off again in a new (to us) Ram 1500.

On the road again.

Fuel4Humans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fuel4Humans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:40pm
Hi Terry2Cent!!

what vehicle are you towing with if I may ask?

I'm in the market for a TV... trying to decide what to get!

thanks

Renata
2peas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2peas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:53pm
We bought a 174 in 2010 and upgraded to a 179 this spring.  First trip was to Kohler-Andrae State Park (WI) on Mother's Day week-end.  LOVE the extra storage and bed-that-isn't-also-the-table.  We have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma double-cab.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 87>