Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 87>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:48am
2011 Ford F-150 4X4 with a 302 V-8.

Terry
EDIT:  Ignore the brother John Holms thing.  No idea how that got there.

RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
francoisfrogpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote francoisfrogpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:54am

Here is our current-soon-to-be-back-up TV. 2008 Santa Fe. Hubs just bought a 1992, GMC conversion van with all the whistles and bells to tow with. He is in the process of getting it "road-worthy" to his standards. I must admit, it will be nice to travel in. It's only had two owners and was garaged for most of the time. Being in it is like going back in time!I'll post pics of the new-old TV when we take it out for the first time over 4th of July.

Keith-n-Dar, I must admit that your picture while very awesome, is a little scary. Ferry rides have always bothered me a little and I would be very nervous to put my Pod on one. I know, I know, people do it everyday, but still... it's my POD!!!
Denny and Linda

2013 Pod 177
'08 Santa Fe
Newbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 9:43pm
How do I add pics on here.

Rp177
2013 grand caravan
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 9:51pm

First you need to go into "full edit mode".  Either click the Post Reply button under the last post, or look for the little arrow pointing up-right just above the text box in the Quick Reply area.

Once you are there look for the little picture of the tree and click on that.  You can then upload a picture which will be visible in your post.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
DavidW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DavidW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 10:01pm
David & Liz
2014 R-Pod 178
2019 Chevy Traverse
And Lily (our 8 yr old Golden)
jeep_pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeep_pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 2:22am

New to me 09 171 and my 07 Wrangler JKU.

So far I have put a Mopar 7 pin harness, Prodigy P2 brake controller in the Jeep. Taken it on 2 trips, fuel economy goes down by about a litre per 100km with the trailer.

dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 9:58pm
How well does that Traverse pull the pod, I am not sure but I thought the traverse was rated at 3500 lbs for towing. looks like a nice set up.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
DavidW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DavidW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:37am
Hello dsmiths,

We bought the 2012 Traverse with the towing package as we knew that we going to enter the travel trailer world.  It is rated at 5200 lbs.

Our first 1 hour camping trip will be in 2 weeks time but it towed like a dream when I test drove the setup.  Didn't know the R-Pod was there, until I looked in the rearview mirror.  I will let you know how it works out on terrain that is less flat.

David & Liz
2014 R-Pod 178
2019 Chevy Traverse
And Lily (our 8 yr old Golden)
Psyberbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Psyberbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:47pm
This is the day we picked up our 2013 RP 182G . Someone purchased it a few months ago , camped in it twice , and then, after a few months , took it to another dealership and traded it in on a huge fifth-wheel. We rolled up before the dealer sales staff had even had a chance to look it over. It still had the plastic wrapper on the glass rotisserie in the oven along with the Styrofoam packing . The stickers were still on the freezer . The 181G would have been ideal for us ( like the idea of a full time bed ) but this  one was such a bargain for a practically mint trailer , we had to snatch it up . It came with the R Dome as well . 
    For the last year , we had camped in a 2006 Thor Wave RB22 , a really nice trailer inside and very comfortable. The only drawback was it towed like a re-entry parachute ! Heading to the Texas Gulf coast with a headwind would result in the neighbourhood of 5 - 5-1/2 mpg , rotten fuel "economy" for lack of a better term !
  TV is a 2012 F-150 crew-cab , 4X4 , powered by the 3.5L twin turbo Eco-Boost . In a test tow , I got about 13mpg with the Pod , and that included several starts from a dead stop .Maybe not the greatest economy , but a BIG improvement . We can afford to pull this one out west to photograph wildlife , we could not do this with the Thor . 
  For several years , we pulled a homebuilt teardrop behind my '04 F-150 . Two summers ago we made a 6,500 mile trek through the Grand Canyon , Monument Valley , Yellowstone , up to Glacier ,and back home to Austin , a great trip .On that trip , the little lady decided she would like a set of private facilities , and even though we were comfortable with the temps in the mountains , I will confess to symptoms of a/c withdrawal a few times in Arizona and Monument Valley .
  I think with our new R Pod we have found the sweet spot , a rig that tows like a dream , and provides many of the comforts of home while on the road !
Yesterday is history , tomorrow a mystery . Today is a gift .
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TRICERA-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 7:39pm
Our first outing with Tricera-Pod at Chippokes Plantation SP in Virginia. Had a great time, even two nights of thunderstorms and rain with no issues

Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 87>