This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Podster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 6:14am
LEPODDERS...Nice looking setup, ready to go anywhere!
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:16pm
D. K., consider getting a weight distribution hitch that includes sway control, like the Equalizer, E2, or Reese dual cam.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
ausdland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ausdland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 1:44am
Originally posted by techntrek

D. K., consider getting a weight distribution hitch that includes sway control, like the Equalizer, E2, or Reese dual cam.

Going to add Husky Centerline TS 400-600 to that list. I'm very happy with it.
2002 Toyota Tundra
2015 R Pod 178
Next adventure?
IL-Podders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote IL-Podders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 2:22pm
Have been following this discussion as well as others regarding the need for a WDH. The dealer we bought from suggested the sway control and that's what we went w/. After reading what all of you have been saying I called him and asked about adding the WDH. (He should have seen $$$$$$$ signs - right?) Well he said that they don't recommend them for TT this small and that we wouldn't need it but that he would have it installed if we wanted it.
Obviously a combination WDH and sway control unit is the ideal setup but if I find that I need the WDH will it be possible to add it to the sway control that I am purchasing now?
Thanks
Marv-N-Kathy
2015 179 RPod
2016 Chevy Tahoe
jbsimm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jbsimm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 5:03pm
We don't have our RPOD yet. I just signed the paper work long distance on Friday. We bought a 2014 HRE178 from Blue Dog in Kennewick WA. will be traveling the 4 hours from the Seattle area in the next couple weeks.

I will be pulling it with our 2012 Nissan Xterra. I have been pulling my 1979 Apache Ramada hardside pop up for years. it probably is about as heavy as the 178. since I don't have the new one yet, here is a picture of my Apache.
jbsimm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jbsimm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 2:35pm
I just talked to the service dept at blue dog. we have an appointment for our walk thru on Friday the 13th. I guess I will get to see how she pulls on the long drive home.

lamarkeiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lamarkeiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 11:43am
Lamar

Post Options Post Options   Quote lamarkeiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:05pm
I think I hit the wrong post tab the first time.

Just want to show our new R-Pod 179 we purchased on Presidents Day in Klamath Falls, Oregon.  We made a 100 mile day trip from our home in Grants Pass, Oregon to pickup our Pod.  We will be towing it with our 2014 Chevy Silverado Z71.  We just made reservations at Yosemite National Park for April for our first big trip.  
Lamar
kylekai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kylekai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 6:42pm
Nice looking trailer!  Is your Silverado a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton?

Post Options Post Options   Quote lamarkeiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:38pm
It's a 1500,  1/2 ton
Lamar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 87>