Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 87>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Blue's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 7:30pm
Doug there is a picture of it in the introduce yourself, under the topic New Pod This Week, on page two. 

thestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 7:46pm
We3bPodding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote We3bPodding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 1:43am
Here is our 179 one day after purchase in Iowa, heading back to Texas...
Ed, Lynn & Frankie the Pug
2015 179 Pod
2011 Nissan Pathfinder
thestone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thestone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 2:43pm
This is my third try to post my first entry. The first one on 5 September came out with no text or picture.  The last time, I did get the following Note when I attempted to Review Post:
Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'
Operation not Allowed
/RTE_popup_preview.asp, line 65
I hope this third time will work.  I reduced font size and also downloaded the picture rather than pasted it in.

I am the proud new owner of a 2015 Hood River Edition, R-Pod 179.  I had always been a tent camper but after passing 70, I am enjoying the change to the luxury trailer life.  Three trips so far – Snake River, Crater Lake and Washington coast - with the next one to the North Cascades coming up in a week.  My ’95 Blazer, 4.2 liter pulls this trailer just fine with a little slowing on the hills but it certainly cuts our gas mileage.  I did add overload springs to assist with a little sagging.

I have enjoyed reading the various entries on this site.  It stuck me that Forest River has actually made some of the changes that users have asked for.  I found this very encouraging.  So far my wife and I have been very pleased with our R-Pod.  It is a great configuration for a couple – and we were joined by out grandchild on the last trip.  I guess there are always ways to improve, even good products.  I would suggest the following:  
1.      1.  Run both the black water and gray water valves into one drain so the drain hose doesn’t have to be changed from one to the other.
2.      2.  The smoke detector on the 179 with the rear kitchen is very close to the stove burners (the installation instructions recommend 20’) – this results in normal cooking setting off the alarm.  Some type of exhaust fan or hood with filter, over the stove would be nice.  But I realize with the sloping roof this might be an awkward installation.
3.      3.  The curtain slides don’t go quite low enough, allowing light to come in right above your head.  I intend to solve this problem by gluing a 2 1/2” or 3” strip of cloth along the bottom edge of the curtain to block the light.
4.      4.  The tent track on the side of the trailer had sharp edges that cut into the plastic slide piece.  I easily smoothed this out with a round file so I see this as just a minor quality control issue.
5.      5.  The faucets in the bathroom sink should be centered over the sink.  The off center placement sometimes allows some water to splash on the floor.

On the Crater Lake trip, I thought our refrigerator had broken, one night when it just stopped working.  We had a plug in site and all the power in that area had gone out for about an hour but the refrigerator didn’t come back on when power was restored.  The next morning I found the governing fuse was just loose.  We had traveled over a washboard road the day before and it must have worked loose.  I pushed the fuse back in and the refrigerator worked just fine.

This picture is on the Washington Coast:

Thestone…
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 5:01pm
Welcome to the group!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
dave and meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dave and meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:55pm
How can I insert a photo to my reply?
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:05pm
Welcome, thestone.  All of the slide-out models have the separate gray/black dump valves due to the layout.  The non-slide models have them together.

Welcome dave and meg, look for the Post Reply button at the lower-left of each thread, which will put you in "full edit" mode.  Then look for the little button with the picture of the tree.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Ivinest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ivinest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:25pm
The best way is to have a URL address for your photo.  Paste it into your reply or you can simply upload it using the utilities above the message box.  Smile
Tanager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tanager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:15pm
Our 2014 179 and Tacoma at Neys Provincial Park, Ontario

Our 2014 179 and 2006 Tacoma at Neys Provincial Park in Ontario
Tanager
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:46pm
Nice!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 87>