Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 87>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 8:05pm
Nice shot with the white all around.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 9:15pm
Great photo!  We are awaiting the delivery of our new 178 and also looking at a 2008 Avalanche as a tow vehicle.  Based on your experience, what kind of gas mileage to you think we should expect towing?  Our Santa Fe gets in the 12-13 mpg range, but is becoming a little crowded.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
Hylandspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hylandspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 9:20pm
Techntrek,
    Thanks.  That is an awesome place to take photos.  Just beautiful
Roxanne and Rick
Bella, Cuban dingo dog
RR-Pod 178
2006 Avalanche
Serendipity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 5:24pm
Our trailer Serendipityand its tow friend The Grey Ghost. The Pod is a model 175, and the truck is a 1973 Chev C-20 that has towed all of our trailers for 33 years. We downsized to our R*Pod and love it.
Hylandspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hylandspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 5:50pm
Sleepless,
     Our gas mileage averaged in that same range...at times, when in the mountains, a little less.  Keep in mind that we had an almost 500 pound motorcycle in the bed of the Avalanche.  Since we were in very rural areas, our tow speed was at least 70.  We did get slightly better mileage when I was driving.  My husband wants to upgrade to a Silverado for a full size bed.  Hope this helps.
Roxanne and Rick
Bella, Cuban dingo dog
RR-Pod 178
2006 Avalanche
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 6:31pm
Thank you for the information.  At 70 mph, your Avalanche is doing well.  Probably even better mileage than my Santa Fe would get.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
Terry2Cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Terry2Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 9:04pm
My TV is a 2007 Chevy Avalanche for my 2014 model 178 - I average about 13/14 MPG unless I'm towing thru the mountains here in WA. TONS of heavy rain over the past three weeks and nary a drop has entered my "Podcicle". Glad to hear that a few more people are buying their r-pods thru Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, ID. They are great folks to work with.

Terry
"You are NEVER lost if you don't care where you are".
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote coopercdrkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 5:45pm
Here's the Key 'Pod just as we were departing Anastasia State Park this morning.  We had three perfect fall days.

Anastasia is just south of St. Augustine, Florida, and is one of our favorite parks.  The Campin' Cocker Spaniels agree!

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
Ivinest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ivinest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 12:25pm
We Love Anastasia and have camped there, too, in our Arf Pod.  Going in a coupe weeks to camp the beach at Favor Dykes State Park down the road.  We love our 177, and so do our shelties!  They go everywhere with us.

Tom & Gloria, Port Charlotte, Florida

juzdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote juzdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:48am
my 181g purchased in 2012 pulled by my 2004 Ford Sport Trac:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 87>