Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwalking space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: walking space
    Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:26pm
granted I have only had the hogpod for a year the shower has come in handy when doing some nice remote camping; a quick refresher is always nice; as far as the slide no leakage but one issue i realized; woke up one morning in February to 4 inches of slushy snow; slide out covered; I realized this prior to bringing it in and attempted to get some of it off but brought alot in with it; spent about 15 minutes scooping it up from the inside; a fly/canopy would be nice for this situation
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Sapper Mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 9:27pm
Agree with the comments about the 171. We downsized from a R Vision 26 QBS with a slide and full bath. Initially looked at a T@B which was well designed but couldn't stand up in it at 6'. Found a used 2012 177 at a dealer 2 hours from home and almost bought it but then checked out a new 2014 171 on clearance at the same dealer and it had everything we were looking for. Wanted as simple a unit as possible after having owned a larger TT with all the amenities. Found that, despite the tight quarters, the 171 had more storage in the kitchen than the 177. It's the best size for camping in Ontario's provincial parks where the number of sights for larger RV's are limited and in high demand. Happy camping.
Sapper Mike
2014 171
Chevy Traverse
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:45am
sounds as if you have found the one YOU needed. I was camping alone and not very tall either. We have had slide outs in motor coaches, and the husband was always waiting for the problems that could come with them(and never did), so when I went out on my own,while it might have been nice to have the little extra room after stopping, I did not want to perhaps have a problem that I could not deal with. I love my little EscapePod and I hope the couple that has it is really having a good time. Happy Camping!
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
DavidW View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:19am
Ontario Parks only measures the size of the trailer without the hitch so even the 178 can fit in the "under 18 ft" category. That was key for our purchase two years ago as we love our parks. (I think that only leaves the 179 as in the next size category)
David & Liz
2014 R-Pod 178
2019 Chevy Traverse
And Lily (our 8 yr old Golden)
Sapper Mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 6:30pm
Thanks for the info about trailer size. I was always on the lookout for pull through sites with the bigger trailer. This will open up more options as the R Pod is actually shorter than a tent trailer we had several years ago when it was set-up.
Sapper Mike
2014 171
Chevy Traverse
Sailor John View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 3:57pm
The coach size on the 178, 179, 181, 182 and the new 183 are all the same 17 feet, with 36" to the ball. The 178 & 179 you add 18" for the spare.
John & Reina
2015 r-179, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Retired Sub sailor
West central ID
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123