Topic ClosedClub Memberships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Memberships
    Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:34pm
We try to stay at state sites as much as possible. There is a great ReserveAmerica app for the iPhone. And when state parks are not available, we use the KOA's as often, so we, too, have a value card.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 3:21pm
  Put us under the KOA and Good Sam lists. Have had good luck with both, us KOA a little more. Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 11:11am
We are members with Good Sam, and 1000 Trails. We do stay at a lot of state/national parks, and like the Reserve America system...

I am not sure if we have ever stayed in a Good Sam park, we got a huge discount on a life membership because we are retired military, and it gets you a discount at Camping World.. that we have used.. a lot. LOL

We have stayed in several 1000Trails resorts, no complaints, and in fact they have all been great. I don't know that I would pay for it myself, but it is through my parents membership, so free to us..lol.  and free camping is good. They have most of their resorts out west and down along the coast/Florida area. But several within a days pull from us here at home.
Paige View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 7:49am
We used to be a Good Sam member, but we let our membership lapse as we ended up using mostly state parks and KOA's. But this year, we have to be in Jacksonville for two months and are staying at Flamingo Lake RV Resort. It is a Good Sam park and very impressive. It earned lots of awards, the people are very friendly and it has a lot of amenities. It is nice to have a good campground when you have to be away from home so long
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
geelse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 2:34pm
Have always had club membership and always will. Great prices, discounts 
, locations, and facilities. Maybe different in your parts but lots of club members on west coast. Non-clubing always there as your choice.
See America First
2013 R-POD 177 HRE
2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab
George and Linda
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:54pm
I was just reading last night that two nationwide groups - I think it was the Elks and the Moose - not only have their usual lodges everywhere but they also have many RV parks for members only.  Requires sponsorship to get in, but apparently not too hard to get it if you want it. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:05pm
I got the Passport America, after I turned 62 it is $10.00 for a lifetime membership, it saves 1/2 off at national forests, some federal parks are free, you can't beat ten bucks. P.S. when spouse turns 62 have them get one, then you each go in in different vehicles, get side by side sites for 2 groups and 1/2 the price, that's what the people at Hoosier National Forest told me to do. With the Passport pass, entry is free I go to Hoosier national all the time with my fishing boat and it is free, just hang your pass on the mirror.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

I got the Passport America, after I turned 62 it is $10.00 for a lifetime membership...

Are you sure that you don't mean the Interagency Senior pass?  It looks fantastic.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 10:12pm
Nope Outbound I got the America the Beautiful pass, best deal out there.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:54am
Until we bought are 177 ( two days ago) we have always camped in a tent. We stay mainly in National and State parks. With State parks you have all the stuff one needs, showers, elec., dump sites (never a concern for us until now) and laundry service in many.
With National Parks for the most part you do not have all these nice things, mainly a vaulted toilet. Which is fine for us since we camp for what mother nature offers us rather than what human kind offers. I am a disabled vet so we have the Access Pass which allows us to camp in any National Park, Forest, Reserve etc that offers camping. Normal price to camp in these areas is $10 per day, but with an access pass it's 50 % off the normal price. Great deal.
If you are going to be camping in one state for a period of time, say more than one night at one or more of that state's parks, consider getting a non-resident yearly pass. Last year we stated 10 nights in Michigan State parks by getting the non-resident yearly pass we saved about a $100. Most state parks have some sort of discount like this.
We have never stayed in a KOA, Good Sam or big box type campground, but now with the R-pod we might consider it. Sandee teaches allot ( many of her classes are online) so having access to WI-FI is a big plus. We get to travel and she gets paid while we goof off.
Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12