R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed181G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 181G
    Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:03pm
Hello all 

We are the proud yet very slightly disappointed 181G owners ( bought 3 weeks ago) 
The Good
Over all the 181G is a great trailer for those who have no kids and don't plan on having friends sleep in the trailer with them. We bought the 181g for the storage, we looked at a 177 but the lack of storage for us is huge, in aug we are leaving for a six month tour around North America and as you can imagine having a spot to put everything is very helpful. The back cooking area is fantastic, having the large sink in the back to clean and prep fish or clean laundry when we are off the grid is going to be nice. Also having the huge trunk is great for storing the items that you don't want inside. 

The Bad

Our one complaint about the trailer is moisture, we have replaced the rear garage seal 3 times now and it still leaks water into the back garage/storage area. And we had mould growing on the wood divider between the rear storage area and the bathroom ( we have not used the bathroom or shower). We have a dehumidifier running 24 7 and that seams to have solved the problem. As for the rear seal our trailer place have sent away for another seal and are going to contact Forest River to see if maybe they have a better solution for the problem.  The rear garage door is unfinished onside ( ruff fibreglass) we think this could be why the seals are failing so quickly. This would never stop me from buying a 181g once the problem is fixed it will be perfect!

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:07pm
3rd year now with our 181g, never had a single problem with the garage seal on ours.

sorry to hear you've had some issues.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 2:20pm
Welcome.  Does your deal know about the unfinished surface on the inside?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 5:48pm
Something does not sound right.  The dealer should have spotted that but I'm sure Forest River will make good on it.  I like the layout of the 181G.  They did not have the G series back in 2009 when I purchased mine.
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 6:05pm
My garage [knock on wood] has not leaked.  The seal seems fine.  The inside is unfinished fiberglass compared to the outside.  Sounds like a bad seal issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply