Topic ClosedTHANKSGIVING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: THANKSGIVING
    Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 6:39pm
From my house to yours I WISH ALL PODDERS a save and happy thanksgiving !!!!rex pHp Stuart fla
jrr
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 9:15pm
Anyone taking the pod along for a Thanksgiving road trip?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 10:54pm
Happy Thanksgiving all, I hope all are safe and warm and have a good Holiday, Let us all give thanks for the good things in life, our friends, family, and those doggone little pod machines that transfer us from aggravation to a peaceful place devoid of foolishness
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 11:17pm
Happy thanksgiving to my American friends. We Canadians gave thanks last month. Smile
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
wildflowerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 12:13am
Happy Thanksgiving to All!  We debating taking the pod to the in-laws but we decided not to.  We head south on Nov. 30th so it won't be long until we are on the road again.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 10:58am
We had it on the road Tuesday.. but home and in the drive for turkey day.. maybe we will eat leftovers in it tommorrow..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 1:55pm
Happy American Turkey Day!  We started turkey season last month too, just finished frozen leftovers and now are on to turkey #2 TongueWink  When we are done with leftovers from this one, I think we'll be prepping turkey #3 for Christmas WinkLOL 
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 2:46pm
Gobble...gobble!
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:49pm
Racer X, I went to get the news paper at 10 till 8 this morning and there were 2 Turkey Gobblers about 45 yards from me in the edge of the woods, these boys were sporting 8 to 10 inch beards and they just looked at me. I said do you know what today is ? they watched me walk down the drive way, doggone it where is my shotgun ?
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 10:44am
Happy Belated Turkey Day to everyone!  We did take our Pod out camping for the entire holiday weekend, getting into our campsite early in the afternoon on Thursday and sitting down for dinner about 6 pm after dealing with some convection oven issues.  Roasted turkey breast in the oven, stuffing, potato casserole, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, gravy and biscuits made for a great evening (along with a libation or two) and we continued to eat the same on Friday & Saturday nights.  We were surprised at how much food we could actually pack into the fridge and didn't even need to take a separate cooler along with us except for the adult beverages.

Set up our dome with the flaps down and a small catalytic propane heater and we had a very cozy & toasty extended living room to sit in during the mornings with our coffee and magazines, and then got a fire going for the afternoon & evenings to warm-up with after our daily hikes with Comet.  Thermostat set at 60 at night to keep us warm, and left the vent in the bathroom ceiling open to try and minimize the condensation.  Worked so-so though as we had quite a bit of moisture on the back window Sunday morning when it got it's coldest over the weekend at 26 degrees.

Lots of visitors from the campground stopping by to check out the "cute" camper, including the Park Ranger who was 6'5" tall and wanted to see if he could fit into the bed.  Given he had seen my martini sitting on the table in a non-alcoholic campground who was I to say no to his request, though M made sure he took his boots off first!  As this was our first extended trip in our Pod we have a few minor items that we need to address with our dealer but those were minor indeed and will wait until Spring.  Got home yesterday afternoon, had it unpacked and winterized in 60 minutes, and then over to the storage lot and tucked into it's cover for a couple of months.  Time to start working on the Mod's list we developed!
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>