Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAbout to purchase 176T

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: About to purchase 176T
    Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:55pm
Yep, just called then and it's $2004 cheaper WITH consideration of shipping and all!
SNHoekstra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 4:32pm
we just found out that forest river is actually encouraging people to buy locally because they are having a lot of problems with these types of dealer specifically this one in Ohio because there is no prep work no maintenance plan for anything they actually devoted the entire back page of the brochure to inform people of this. for us that is important we prefer to have someone local so if there's a problem we know it is taken care of under our warranty. definitely worth $2k to us :-)
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:31pm
From looking around online and also talking to my dealer in PA and 2 other dealers I know about the pricing is seeming to be about right.  It is very nice buying local as you help keep jobs local but then you also have a local place to get questions answered, adjustments made.  I have been dealing with the same Dealer for the last 18 years.  There is a big difference in the 2009 R-pod 171 Vs the 2013 176T Trailers.

Thats not to say you have a bit of haggle room with the dealer you are dealing with now.  Will they throw anything else in on the dealer?  Like making sure your TV is ready with the break controller, Hitch adjustment, ect........

Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:33pm
Direct from Forest River Website:

Forest River Encourages You to Buy Local It is the goal of Forest River, Inc. that all of our RV owners fully enjoy the RV experience and that customer satisfaction meets or exceeds their expectations!

Forest River, Inc. encourages our customers to purchase their Forest River products from a local dealership whenever possible for the following reasons:

1) Forest River, Inc. dealers are independently owned and operated businesses so priority service and scheduling is at their discretion and is often provided to customers that purchased their unit at that dealership.

2) Purchasing locally allows customers to establish meaningful relationships with a dealer, enhancing the RV experience through assistance with product questions, user tips or RV regulations for your state or country, and much more!

3) Canadian customers must meet requirements to bring an RV purchased out of the country to their home. These requirements may involve additional inspections and certifications, taxes and fees. Your local Canadian Dealer is a professional at meeting these requirements.

4) Scheduling timely warranty repairs and adjustments through a local dealership provides far greater flexibility and convenience to you, the customer!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:43pm
Yes, they're taking care of everything! That's the way we like it :-)
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:29pm
I jumped on the rpod wagon pretty early on and as new models have come out I have been tempted to jump in with a newer model.  But then I remember what I liked about the 171.  I liked the deal I was able to work out and got the bugs out and things working the way we want them to.  Enjoy the new camper and we live to see photos!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:49pm
Not sure how old this model is but hopefully there aren't any bugs because this is the one that fits our family. We are veeerrrry excited, as we just decided to homeschool our children and do some traveling for lots of fun learning! :-)
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:28pm
Most of the bugs have been worked out in the new models. It's more like what mods do you want to do to make it work that much better for you. Enjoy camping with the family as my kids talk about all the times we had in a pop up camper. They are now 19-23 and not really wanting to camp with s anymore. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:40pm
How did you get your picture in your signature? :-)
Steve, Nicole & family in Tampa FL

Purchasing a 2013 RP 176-T to be pulled by our 2006 Chrysler Town & Country

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:06pm

You definitely want to use the knowledge you now have as a bargaining tool to get your dealer down $2k.  My dealer (the same one as rpodcamper's) wanted something like $16,000 sticker price for ours, fully loaded.  Then after negotiating swore that $14,000 was their lowest price.  After pulling out proof that I could get the same model for $12,000, they immediately came down to match it.  Buying local is fine, but as I said, their price is high and you should get them to lower it.

You can edit your signature in the Member Control Panel, look for the link at the top-left of every page.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>