FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 7:12am
How about playing football, baseball, etc. in an open "play area".....away from the crowded campsites?
It's very discouraging to have stuff like that bouncing off of my truck & camper - after having had to work so hard to pay for them.
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 10:57am
Maybe we should organize into chapters, like the Sons of Anarchy.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 9:59am
Podders, the scourge of campgrounds everywhere.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:14am
    At last years Midwest rally in Weston Bend State Park just north of Kansas City the Quiet Police (campground host) had to make a visit at 10 PM to tell those noisey R-PODDERS  that it was quiet time.
     You never think that you are loud until someone comes around and lets you know.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 8:29pm
Camping in the Tetons a few years ago we were treated to two diesel TVs reved up for over an hour trying to get the batteries in their trailers charged up.  The did quit at 10:00PM.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TIDALWAVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 6:32pm
I know a lot of people like to use a diesel powered tow vehicle...but do they have to be 'warmed up' in the pre-dawn for an hour.  And then revved a 'few' times just to make sure that everyone within a quarter mile knows that they own a diesel?
TIDALWAVE
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by TerryM

My problem is I go to bed around 9PM and get up between 3 and 4AM.  Mix in a couple of wake ups in between.  Any un-natural noise and I'm up and ready for fight or flight!  That nudist campground I go to the owner gave me a key to the front gate so I can head out about 4:30AM for a paper and coffee!  But I do it as quiet as a mouse.

Terry

... with clothes on I hope Tongue.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 3:08pm
My problem is I go to bed around 9PM and get up between 3 and 4AM.  Mix in a couple of wake ups in between.  Any un-natural noise and I'm up and ready for fight or flight!  That nudist campground I go to the owner gave me a key to the front gate so I can head out about 4:30AM for a paper and coffee!  But I do it as quiet as a mouse.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
g4royce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote g4royce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Seanl

Originally posted by g4royce

That sounds scary. 

Our worst camping experience in terms of noisy neighbours was at the Fingerlakes Wine Festival at Watson's Glen.  Little did we know that camping at the festival meant it was non-stop Party Central.  To make it worse, there seemed to be an endless stream of drunk frat boy types talking loudly about their sex life, breaking wine bottles somewhere nearby and then swearing loudly because they impaled themselves on the shards.  To top it off, they had fireworks and sky lanterns which they tried to set off throughout the night while drunk. Some fireworks hit a tent to our left....

Elsewhere in the camping areas, the norm seemed to be Class As and 5th wheels drawn tight in a circle with a DJ, lights and several bars set up in the middle.  They had also roped off the communal water spigots in those areas for their own use as a group.  Thumbs Down

It seems that the only way to enjoy that festival is to go as a group (like those Class As) and create your own quiet section.

I go up to Watkins Glen every year for the NASCAR races. You always get a little of this but the security is good at the race and quiet time is enforced.

Security was excellent at the Watkins Glen race track and there were local cops making sure there was no drunk-driving at the exits. I think part of the problem was that we haven't done camping at that type of event or venue before and went to the general camping/unreserved spots which tend to be rowdier than the reserved spots.  Maybe also bc it was a wine festival and it was full of people trying to get drunk on free and cheap wine.

I can see a Nascar event with a bunch of fellow campers in the reserved spot being a lot of fun.  A friend of ours takes her 5th wheel to the Poconos to meet-up with fellow enthusiasts every year.  They reserve sites next to each other. 
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by g4royce

That sounds scary. 

Our worst camping experience in terms of noisy neighbours was at the Fingerlakes Wine Festival at Watson's Glen.  Little did we know that camping at the festival meant it was non-stop Party Central.  To make it worse, there seemed to be an endless stream of drunk frat boy types talking loudly about their sex life, breaking wine bottles somewhere nearby and then swearing loudly because they impaled themselves on the shards.  To top it off, they had fireworks and sky lanterns which they tried to set off throughout the night while drunk. Some fireworks hit a tent to our left....

Elsewhere in the camping areas, the norm seemed to be Class As and 5th wheels drawn tight in a circle with a DJ, lights and several bars set up in the middle.  They had also roped off the communal water spigots in those areas for their own use as a group.  Thumbs Down

It seems that the only way to enjoy that festival is to go as a group (like those Class As) and create your own quiet section.

I go up to Watkins Glen every year for the NASCAR races. You always get a little of this but the security is good at the race and quiet time is enforced.
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>