R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFridge won't start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fridge won't start
    Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:15pm
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my fridge to work on propane. First time it's ever been used on propane (shakedown cruise). I hear it clicking and trying to light, but it never catches. After a few attempts, the red light on the front lights up. I ran the stove and hot water heater and they work fine. I let the stove run ten minutes or so to clear out the air in the lines, but no luck on the fridge. That was yesterday. Tried again today and the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

-davis

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:44pm
Open the back panel, and see if you can see that the spark generator is over the orifice. And check for any blockage.

You can try lighting it manually if everything looks right.

One other thing.. try turning the fridge all the way off for 10 minutes, then try again. I have heard of this resetting the lighting circuit.
The Pod Squad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 7:59pm
We are having the exact same problem!  We need it to work by the weekend or we'll be fridgeless.  We took it to the dealer yesterday and they said it lit every time.  It won't light for me.  Stove works fine.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm
OK, we solved our problem.  AC was still connected and the fridge won't run on propane while plugged into AC.
Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by The Pod Squad

OK, we solved our problem.  AC was still connected and the fridge won't run on propane while plugged into AC.

That's odd My will run while connected to AC.
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 12:09am
So does mine.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

McLagman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 12:48am
Just an update. 

I have used my Rpod twice. The first night in my rpod? Electrical problems and I had to tow it in to be fixed. They said fuses were blown.

My second time to use it? The fridge won't light. I am out camping, I try everything the tech guy says and the only thing he can come up with is to tow it to a dealer for warranty service.

$14,500, two nights in Rpod and two times towing it back to the dealer for warranty work. It's bullsh*t.

You dream about Rpod and save up you money and buy one? Lemons. It never worked right one stinking night. 

I repeat: I paid good money for a new Rpod and it has not worked right one night at all.

Next step: call a lawyer.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 6:32am
Pod Squad, as others have said, it should run on any mode no matter what sources are available.  Often just before leaving for a trip I'll switch mine from AC to propane before unplugging.  If this isn't the case for yours you may need the control board replaced.

McLagman, sorry to hear of your troubles.  Is yours a 2012?  I wonder if they sped up production times and this is the result.  Also, what model do you have?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 10:03am
OK... good to know.  The back of the fridge says "Do not run refrigerator on electricy and propane simultaneously"  or something to that effect, so I thought maybe propane won't go on while the fridge was plugged in.  

Hope I don't end up in the same boat as McLagman this weekend.

We found out that all our sink drain connections had never been tightened when water came dripping out of the slide out.  Electonic connectors were also loose on the fridge when we first checked.  Hope there are no surprises under the shower when we use that for the first time, but I'll open it up to check today.  

Is this normal?  Our neighbour across the street had similar problems with his big trailer as well.
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 10:20am
The thing everyone has to remember is the manufacturer of ALL vehicles, uses dealers to sell and service the product. When there are serious or substantial problems with the product it almost always indicates a poor dealer. The dealer of cars,trucks,tractors rv"s, etc. all are given a prep allowance to check everything before sale. The better dealers will also give you a thorough walk thru. Mine was over 2 hours, everything was activated, and they even set the dome up and helped me take it down. IMHO, yes there are manufacturer problems but, you always start at the dealer level.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>