R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSink Plumbing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sink Plumbing
    Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 7:18pm
Thank god I bought the RPOD new so that I can get a right bloody case of the ass fixing things.
Found out after this last move that everything under the sink was wet. Looking at the trap I noticed that it was cross threaded. No problem, taped the threads and refitted the trap. Filled the sink and let drain, you guessed it, leaking still. Tomorrow into town with trap and replaced same. And since I am on a roll here the caulking around the sink/ stove area is coming up. I love it when the dealer who you bought the RPOD from wants to hear about the positive experience that you are having......................
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 7:20pm
If it's brand new.. why not let the dealer fix it?? That's the ONLY reason to buy new.. warranty.

And all the plumbing needs to be checked from time to time in a travel trailer.. it's life is just a bit different than your home plumbing.
greynomad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 7:29pm
Just a bit of a problem since I am in Boise,ID and the dealer is located in Eugene, Oregon. Since I am on my way to New Mexico for 3 months then Texas, going back to the dealer or looking for a RPOD dealer to fix it is out of the question. I expected this type of workmanship from Forest River and they have not disappointed yet.......
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:26pm
I had to do the same last summer - mid-way through a trip I found everything was wet under the sink.  Had to hand-wash everything we had under there (yay) and hope that the hand-tightening I did to the fittings would keep it from leaking anymore.  After that I found other drain line fittings that were loose, coming from the shower.  So far so good.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
greynomad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 1:10pm
I finally just ripped the sink out and took it to a plumbing shop. Purchased a new sink drain and modified it to fit the elbow underneath. Works fine and no humbug with leaks.........Thumbs Up
Rabbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 9:37pm
Ditto the plumbing!  My sink drain was not even hooked up.  Turns out one cannot just set in place and tighten the nut.  Long story but the dealer did re do all the plumbing below the sink!  So what happens on our second trip?  You guessed it - more water only this time from a loose connection from one of the hoses to the faucet.  I taped the threads and fixed this when we arrived home.  My wife does not want to use the water now!!!!!!!!!!!  We leave next Monday for a 8 day trip to Osseo, Wi.
On another note, we have a 2012 177, the fender on the slide out side is not centered over the wheel.  The slide out when closed is 5/16" from the pod in the center but 3/4" out on the top and bottom.  The dealer took pictures but have not heard back.
Everything else works fine.
Wink

greynomad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:47pm
If thats all you find with the RPOD consider yourself lucky. I am still waiting for another foot to drop as anything Forest River has to do with you will have problems. I just wish there was a Lemon Law with RV dealers..................I figure I am in $600.00 just replacing/fixing a NEW 177 (3 wks old)....
The monies could have gone to a very goooood bottle of scotchCool
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by greynomad

Just a bit of a problem since I am in Boise,ID and the dealer is located in Eugene, Oregon.

We have had very good service from Nelson's RV in both Boise and Caldwell. They are Pod dealers and have followed up very well on any warranty issues we had with our 182G. It's worth a try to talk to them and see if they will honor the warranty repairs.
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:45am
Originally posted by 2Peas-n-Rpod

Originally posted by greynomad

Just a bit of a problem since I am in Boise,ID and the dealer is located in Eugene, Oregon.

We have had very good service from Nelson's RV in both Boise and Caldwell. They are Pod dealers and have followed up very well on any warranty issues we had with our 182G. It's worth a try to talk to them and see if they will honor the warranty repairs.

Ditto.
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
Gram-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:58pm
Did you ever find out why the wheel wasn't centered? Wee just purchased 177 and have the same thing with the wheel not being centered.
2012/177/2004 Chevy Tahoe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>