R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSunbeam Convection Oven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SusanRobinson View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunbeam Convection Oven
    Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 11:09am
Thank you so much -- for those whom are looking for the manual for the Sunbeam SB-22200 - the response I received was so very helpful. Search Dometic DCMC11B.F   and Camping World has the PDF.

Thank you. Thank you.   This forum is wonderful!
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 3:48pm
Welcome to the forum.

If you do an 'advanced search' for 'Microwave manual' I believe that you will find that your old Sunbeam and new Dometic are the same. (Sunbeam SB22202 & Dometic DCMC11B.F)  The Dometic manual is available thru the company's website, I believe.

Again, welcome. The expertise on this forum for people like us is amazing.

SusanRobinson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 10:43am
Need your help we have exactly the same model Sunbeam Convection Microwave and it did NOT come with a manual.   Can you help?    I have looked on the internet -- called Forest River (we have a Work & Play) and also tried Sunbeam. No help there.   I have photos which I could send, however looks just like the photo you posted.   
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:26pm
Our 171 didn't come with a microwave/oven and we decided to get an electric oven instead:

It has lots of cooking room, is relatively inexpensive (<$100), and we can take it out easily when we're boondocking (for more storage). We don't really use a microwave much when we're camping anyways.
Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by pugspod

I haven't bought a new microwave yet, but I will.  I think my hubby can handle the installation.  I downloaded the Sunbeam's owner's manual and learned that a 20 amp fuse is needed to run the convection/micro.  R-pod has only15 amp, so I don't think it was safe even putting the oven in the camper.??  Anyway, I don't use mine anymore.  It looks nice tho.   Thanks for your comments.  Joy. 

Hi, 
You don't have to worry a smaller fuse is safer because it blows quicker. Also My Rpod has a 20 on the Convection oven. Its the heating element in the convection oven that uses all the power.
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
pugspod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 2:48pm
I haven't bought a new microwave yet, but I will.  I think my hubby can handle the installation.  I downloaded the Sunbeam's owner's manual and learned that a 20 amp fuse is needed to run the convection/micro.  R-pod has only15 amp, so I don't think it was safe even putting the oven in the camper.??  Anyway, I don't use mine anymore.  It looks nice tho.   Thanks for your comments.  Joy. 
Steve & Joy & Harley the pug
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 12:20pm
Welcome, 320, and thanks for the info. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
320 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 12:02pm
when ours went on the fritz we decided to replace it with a regular microwave.

pulled the sunbeam out. then laid a waffle weave router mat (drawer liner is cheaper but not as sticky) on the metal bracket to hold the new oven in place.

worked great until we had to detour on a washboard gravel road. the new oven popped out just like the sunbeam had. luckily the control panel was in different location.

went to the closest town and picked up a 2x2 and some liquid nails. i squeezed ot a beadd on the bottom bracket and the top of the oven. cut the 2x2 to width, tucked it in TIGHT and screwed it in place. there is still plenty of ventilation and it hasn't budged for a couple years now.

the oven was a small emerson, a close match dimensionally, cheap and easily replaced.

i just reused the original trim ring.
pugspod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 7:30am
Thanks for the tips, Doug.  I will be sure to check the mic on another outlet before I disregard it. 
Steve & Joy & Harley the pug
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:37pm

You could try plugging the microwave into a heavy-duty extension cord and then into a known good outlet at home.  Then run tests to see if the breaker at home will trip.  If it doesn't, you may just have a bad breaker in the converter in the pod.  Breakers can go bad.

The outlet for the microwave isn't behind the microwave, on our 171 it is inside the cabinet above the stove.  So it should be easy to unplug it and plug it into an extension cord.

A quick tip, the fridge outlet is inside the fridge compartment and accessible behind the lower ventilation cover if you need to temporarily plug into an outlet on the far side of the camper.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>