R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Visit to Forest River plant in Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BigEyeDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit to Forest River plant in Oregon
    Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 4:11pm

I am suprised there is that much wood in the Pod especially the wood cross beams. the interior paneling I can see but aluminum cross beams would reduce a lot of weight.

2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo Crew Cab
2005 Fleetwood Utah CP
In the marklet for a new 178
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by BigEyeDuck

I am suprised there is that much wood in the Pod especially the wood cross beams. the interior paneling I can see but aluminum cross beams would reduce a lot of weight.

I suspect it is a lot easier to bond the curved roof to wood than it would be to aluminum. 
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
dman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Camper Bob

Thanks to furpod I believe I can now share the photos I took at FR.  Try this link
I can't see the pictures when I click on the link. Do I need to have a Photobucket account to view the pics?
kymooses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by dman

Thanks to furpod I believe I can now share the photos I took at FR.  Try this link
I can't see the pictures when I click on the link. Do I need to have a Photobucket account to view the pics?

No you don't need an account to view them.  Try a different browser perhaps?  Worked fine for me on Chrome and IE both.
dman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by kymooses

Originally posted by dman

No you don't need an account to view them.  Try a different browser perhaps?  Worked fine for me on Chrome and IE both.
It worked today, not sure what I did wrong yesterday. Very cool pictures.
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:41pm
Great pictures.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:50pm
Thank you.  I was impressed by the water testing that was done.  In one of the pictures was the water tank and hoses that they used to run water through the systems.  What I can't understand is why some folks have had loose or unconnected plumbing upon delivery.  Possibly from the eastern plant or possibly not all Rpods are tested.  Hard to know.  Overall, was impressed with the build quality and the pride that the factory staff took in their work.  We just finished our 7 trip this year and are ready to winterize.  I was considering having the trailer professionally washed and waxed for the winter before covering it up.  Not as young as I used to be.  Trying to find a reasonably priced local company that will wash and wax it.  All pretty pricey.  Oh well, glad you enjoyed the pictures and were finally able to view them.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cap-n-Cray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 10:33pm
I think I will just add on to this thread to get it all in one spot. Let me know if I should start me own thread.

I just returned from a tour of the Dallas, OR plant. Unfortunately they were not making Rpods. I did tour and see the Surveyor line being made. They make runs of two type of trailers there.

For the soon to be owners, is your Rpod in these? Boomertype?

I will post more photos later.
Cary
2014 RP-177
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 8:45am
Interesting, you can really see the difference in the curvature between the shorter pods and the longer pods.  Looks like the shell of a pod at the far left, and a shipment of doors just above it.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:07am
great pic!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>