Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIntroduction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction
    Posted: 01 May 2012 at 10:55pm
We are new members, just having purchased a new/used 2011 r-pod 177 yesterday.  It's a year old but only slept in two nights, on one short trip.  Unfortunately, the original owner did not properly winterize it last fall.  All I have noticed is a leak at the back of the toilet when I convinced the seller to let me fill the water tank and turn the pump on.  I couldn't detect any sight or sound of more moving water, and the water heater pressure relief valve flushed water when opened.  Tomorrow after work I'll open things up to see the pump and water heater, and some more water pipe connections.  Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?

This site has been very helpful for a number of days, tho I didn't join until we had actually made the purchase yesterday.  Thanks for your help....past and future.

Roy, Deb (and Coco the Munsterlander Pointer)
Roy & Deb Gotham
2011 r-pod 177; Jeep Grand Cherokee V-6
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:07am
The Pod's plumbing is a relatively simple set of small pvc pipes and hoses, nothing that someone with basic handy skills couldn't tackle if you find more leaks.

Welcome and congratulations on the Pod purchase, you'll love it!!  And hopefully you won't find anymore small leaks!!

Good luck!
KayakkrazyUP View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:18am
Thanks.

One cover for the sewer pipe container on the tongue is broken, the other missing entirely. Can they be purchased at an R-pod dealer?  We did not get an owners manual with the purchase, so we are investigating by trial and error.  Hope to get a manual soon.
Roy & Deb Gotham
2011 r-pod 177; Jeep Grand Cherokee V-6
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:49am
WE all hope to get a manual soon.  The only real complaint I have about the Pod is the poor rather generic manual.  You will do much better here with questions and searches.

We love our 177.  Just got back from a week in it and ready to go for the next trip!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:33am
Welcome.  I agree about the manual - look for the "manual" thread I started in the mods forum.  It is far from complete but its far better than anything you'll get from FR.

You may want to look into getting a bigger sewer pipe container.  Someone else here contacted the manufacturer and found they have a bigger one.  The problem is the factory container won't accept some sewer hoses.  Especially if they've been fitted with parts so they make a good seal with the campsite sewer connection.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:53pm
Pods have manuals??  LOLLOLLOLLOL

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 4:35pm
Welcome to the group!  Feel free to post any questions you may have....there are lots of fine folks who will help.  Regarding the "stinky slinky" holder, I would agree to just go ahead and replace it with a longer one with a larger diameter - life will be better.  There a a few suppliers, one of which is Camping World.

I think you are on the right track regarding the plumbing.  I would suggest leaving the pump on for a while to pressurize the system and check all of the plumbing you can access. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:13pm
OK...I'll preface this with an apology for the dumb question.

I've been told that the alternator on the car charges the camper battery when travelling. That true?

Do the interior lights function on 12 volt while dry camping?

Please remember, you were all "green" once. Well, maybe not this green.

Roy
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:20pm
Roy, some tow vehicles (tv) are prewired at the factory to include a 12 volt wire to the pods 12 volt system, sometimes if the selling dealer did the wiring connection this may not be included. does your tv have a factory trailer plug in or was it added at the dealer ? also the interior lights work off of 12 volts during dry camping, if you are planning on doing a lot of dry camping you may want to invest in low currect led type bulbs, there are a lot of sources on this website. keep poddin and keep smiling.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:01pm
Thanks very much, Ds. I should be fine. The pod is in the shop for a toilet fix so I haven't had much opportunity to check it out.
The tv, a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, has the factory installed 6-pin connection so I assume it will charge the pod battery.

Thanks again.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>