Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFirst trip of the year!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: First trip of the year!
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:21am
We got home last night from a week at Fort Massic State Park in Metropolis, Il.  Dar attended the big quilt show in Paducah, KY across the Ohio River, and I explored, relaxed, and enjoyed.

The 177 worked perfectly, and got lots of attention as usual.  One couple in a class A liked it so much they are thinking of changing over to one.

The campground is a really good one generally, well established, clean, lots of big trees, lots of space between sites.  I wasn't happy with the showers (two) or the bathroom, so this time we used our bathroom and shower as primary, and it worked fine.  I am getting used to the small space and have a better idea about how to make it work well for me.  Dar had that figured out last year.  I am a slow learner. 

While exploring we found the point of land where the Mississippi and Ohio rivers come together.  Lewis and Clark and company spent some time learning navigation at this point, and there is a marker on the site to note that.  It looks to have been a park, but hasn't had much done except some of the grass mowed for a long time.  There is even an overgrown campground on the site, with electricity run to the sites, all abandoned now.

I am not sure at this time what my employment status is going to be this summer.  If things go well this will be the first of several week long trips and a bunch of weekends.  I hope that is the case because Podding sure is fun!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:53pm
Gosh, I am jealous, we still have not had ours out yet, but it has to be soon for sure. I hope.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 10:20pm
Today was podcleaning, re-stocking, and getting it ready for the next trip.  A weekend for sure in May, even two if possible.  Then another week in June if things go well.  I put the lawn chairs in the pod today that I forgot, and have to put a couple of hats in (forgot that too good thing Dar had sunscreen or I would have a bad case of redhead).  I have a couple of small things to fix (screw fell out of the seat by the table, and a minor mod (add a handle to the hinged conver under the seat) and we are good to go.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:44am
Great to hear you had a grand time.  Isn't it funny how much attention the pod brings to the campground?  We have only had ours for 1 year but every place we have camped at we have given at least 1 tour to some interested our curious person(s).  And like you mentioned, some get pretty excited after seeing the interior.  Only wish Warren Buffett would give us some kick-backs for selling his unitsLOL.
We will be heading out for our 1st trip next weekend to Manistique (UP) Michigan.  Looking forward to that.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
KayakkrazyUP View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:25pm
Hey Jato,   Greetings from a fellow Yooper.  We just bought a 2011 177 this week, and I'm just getting into opening up the cabinets to check on the plumbing.  We are in the far western Upper Peninsula, and will do this year's camping at the Porkies and in Wisconsin's Apostles Islands...possibly a trip to the Munising area.  Everything seems to be in order with the pod, but I am suspicious since the former owner didn't use it (it's brand new), but didn't properly winterize it either.

Please keep posting your travels, and experiences.

Roy & Deb Gotham
2011 r-pod 177; Jeep Grand Cherokee V-6
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:44pm
Sounds like a great time. That is one of the few Lewis and Clark sites in MO that I haven't visited. We are getting ready to head out on our 4th podding weekend of the year. This time to Arrow Rock State Park in Central MO. Yes, it seems that everyone wants to look an an R-pod. I was out in the drive setting up for a weekend out when a city police car stopped at the end of the drive . . .he had seen the r-pod and just wanted to have a look.
Brush and Floss, It is the Secret of Life!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:50pm
That must have worried you for a second!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:01am
Kayak,
Hopefully, since the former owner didn't use it, the plumbing was still dry as it came from the factory.  Let us know how it turns out.  Interesting that it was purchased by someone yet never used unless extenuating circumstances came up.  Certainly you will enjoy your 177; we certainly have.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:17pm
I think we are going to be able to put it together and head out next weekend. Donna is going to take off friday, so we can leave thurday afternoon, run west for 40 minutes, set up and have thurday evening, all day friday and friday night, leave around 2 on saturday, Good Grief, I have been waiting for 5 months to Roll Out. I hope the weather holds out, I think it will.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:01am
dsmiths.. where you going? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>