Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFirst trip of the year!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: First trip of the year!
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:24pm
Mushrooms.. my one and only alergy. Well, besides ragweed. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by dsmiths

" I want to go where it is quiet and no one wants me to do something for them"

Amen!
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:21pm
Got back from first outing for 2012, went to Hoosier Nat Forest. Perfect weather no need for a/c. Thursday night, all day Friday, Friday night and then hook up and go, got home around 2pm. Great weather. We did a lot of walking and tried to eat smart, I wanted fried eggs, bacon, toast, fried potato's for breakfast, but Donna is doing really well with weight watchers so we did fresh cubed fruit, rye toast and it was really good. Some one on this site gave me a tip to try the Coleman fold and go gas grill, this little unit is perfect, did hamburgers with sauteed yellow/red peppers, white onion came out great, easy to clean, you can close the lid and hold in the heat, am looking forward to using it again. We may hit it again this upcoming weekend and have made reservations for the future on line. Recreation.gov is a great sight and easy to navagate, it shows federal parks and recreation area. Love the fresh air, I even caught 4 fish from the bank, small bass and bluegill, have to leave the fishing boat at home when we are podding, thats ok, thats a good trade off. looking forward to the next poding adventure.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:31am
Sounds like a good time was had by all.  I'm with you on the eggs, bacon etc.  However as I continue to "mature" I also have to watch what I eat.  We are currently in Coos Bay Oregon a fishing town.  Just down the street from our campground is a market that specializes in smoked fish.  Gotta try it for breakfast.  Safe Travels!!
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 4:05pm
BAHH! If you had come to O'Bannon Woods, I would have hooked you up with the aroma of thick sliced hickory smoked bacon, tater's and onions, farm fresh, laid Thursday eggs, and whole wheat toast..  As I age, I refuse to give up what got me here.... I just don't have 6 slaices of bacon and four eggs and 4 pieces of toast, with grits, biscuit and gravy any more.

Oh, and showers.. lol, weather said "chance of showers" Sat eve.. started "showering" about 7pm.. was tsill showering when we broke camp at 2pm Sun.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:00pm
At least you don't have to go home and dry out canvas like you would with a popup.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:31pm
Furpod, O Bannon woods is in the same county Donna and I live in, Harrison. It is about 25 or 30 minutes from our house, we drove through it last fall when the leaves were off and the sites looked a little close, I could not tell if they were electric sites, I think we drove through during deer season and I may not have got a good look at the layout. Gosh, I can smell that bacon cooking all the way down to Celina lake. I grew up on my grandfather and grandmothers farm in Harrison co and got every morning to bacon, eggs and toast right before we milked the cows. We have not tried O/B Woods yet, also there is Buffalo trace east of Palmyra, north on 135 to Pal, east on 150, 1/4 mile on left, lots of stuff to do for kids, nice sized lake and shady camp sights, reasonable prices, anything close to your home ? Keep On Poddin all.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

Furpod, O Bannon woods is in the same county Donna and I live in, Harrison. It is about 25 or 30 minutes from our house, we drove through it last fall when the leaves were off and the sites looked a little close, I could not tell if they were electric sites, I think we drove through during deer season and I may not have got a good look at the layout. Gosh, I can smell that bacon cooking all the way down to Celina lake. I grew up on my grandfather and grandmothers farm in Harrison co and got every morning to bacon, eggs and toast right before we milked the cows. We have not tried O/B Woods yet, also there is Buffalo trace east of Palmyra, north on 135 to Pal, east on 150, 1/4 mile on left, lots of stuff to do for kids, nice sized lake and shady camp sights, reasonable prices, anything close to your home ? Keep On Poddin all.

"Near us" is Otter Creek, and Camp Carlson (military, belongs to Ft Knox). Both are OK. All sites are electric near as I could tell at O'Bannon. None with water near as I could tell either. Sites may be a bit close, but there was no one within 10 sites of us either direction.. I would say less than 10% full. I am pretty sure we will camp there again if we get the chance. Lots of hiking/Mt biking.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by techntrek

At least you don't have to go home and dry out canvas like you would with a popup.

I don't know... dome is in the basement hung up on a bunch of stuff... It was pretty nasty by the time we tried to roll it up, and wet. Supposed to be nice the next couple days, will probably mount it on the pod and rinse it off, let it dry, then put it away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123