This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFirst trip of the year!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: First trip of the year!
    Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:22pm
Furpod, going to Hoosier National, Donna is going nuts, she said turn the ac on in the pod, I am going to sweep and take inventory. She also found several things going on in Owensboro this spring and summer, we are going to the Toby Keith concert, there is a blue grass concert and barbecue there, we can set up at HNF and its about 45 minutes south in the car, we are going to take the pod to Owensboro during the concert and they have a lot going on this summer. she says we are going to be gone 2 to 3 weekends per month. we shall see,
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

Furpod, going to Hoosier National, Donna is going nuts, she said turn the ac on in the pod, I am going to sweep and take inventory. She also found several things going on in Owensboro this spring and summer, we are going to the Toby Keith concert, there is a blue grass concert and barbecue there, we can set up at HNF and its about 45 minutes south in the car, we are going to take the pod to Owensboro during the concert and they have a lot going on this summer. she says we are going to be gone 2 to 3 weekends per month. we shall see,

We had talked about going to the BBQ festival there in Owensboro also.  Not sure now of the dates though, as I haven't looked lately.

Just got back from Otter Creek today ourselves.  Wonderful weather all weekend pretty much, aside from a severe storm Friday night which was fun to listen to from safely in the Pod.

Good shakedown weekend for the MoosePod...Time to get the rest of the season started!!
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:46pm
How was OCP?? Crowded? they get everything repaved? electricity in more than 1 section?

we were going to MtBike on friday afternoon.. then it didn't work out.. Ouch

I think I am going to try to get her to meet me at O'Bannon woods this weekend. She had to drive to Chicago for the week.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:29pm
It was pretty empty actually, C Loop and D Loop are now both water and electric.  Well most of D loop.

No repaving, roads go from gravel to potholes to mud to semi paved every few yards.

Aside from most all the sites being pretty unlevel and some weird places for the fire pits at a few of them I was pleased with OCP, especially with is proximity to home!
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:33pm
furpod, loading up tomorrow afternoon, heading for Hoosier National Forest, its an easy 40 minute haul, very private spots. weather is cooling down, going to do some hiking and cooking out doors, food always tastes better in the fresh air , When Donna gets home from work thursday afternoon, change clothes and head out, looking forward to quiet peaceful woods. What the heck we have quiet peaceful woods at home
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:11pm

furpod, loading up tomorrow afternoon, heading for Hoosier National Forest, its an easy 40 minute haul, very private spots. weather is cooling down, going to do some hiking and cooking out doors, food always tastes better in the fresh air , When Donna gets home from work thursday afternoon, change clothes and head out, looking forward to quiet peaceful woods. What the heck we have quiet peaceful woods at home
Yep.. strange thing that...

We live in the middle of 15 acres of hardwoods, far out in the country.. yet we love to go camping, and even OCP, 30 minutes away, is considered a good weekend. Heck we have just gone out to the camper in the driveway and been happy..
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:13am
Ditto - woods all around us, we could run 90% of the way around our house naked and nobody would see a thing (I ain't sayin' I've actually done this.  Stern Smile ), way out in the country.  Yet we love getting out there in the woods, way out in the country.  Crazy.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 4:08pm
You know, all of us in North America, whether recent or not-so-recent immigrants, are descended from a line of people with itchy feet and  restless natures.  Maybe campers just give into it more than others. Besides a change is as good as a rest...Approve
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:24pm
Heading out to Hoosier National forest tomorrow after noon. walking, cooking out, do a little fishing, might try to find some wild morel mushrooms in the woods, Donna said, " I want to go where it is quiet and no one wants me to do something for them"
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:45am

Heading out to Hoosier National forest tomorrow after noon. walking, cooking out, do a little fishing, might try to find some wild morel mushrooms in the woods, Donna said, " I want to go where it is quiet and no one wants me to do something for them"

Good luck with the morels, save some for the rest of us!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>