Topic ClosedNew Member First Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pokeymom View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member First Post
    Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 2:26pm
From Eastern Idaho, we also have a KIA Sorento (2008) with the same size engine. We are very interested in the R-Pod 171 and are looking for any insight regarding your experiences towing your pod with the KIA. Since we live in the west, how does the Sorento perform pulling the pod up mountains? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated!  
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:10pm
Welcome to the forum!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 11:49pm
Welcome from a fellow newbie.  I'm working out the kinks in our, but in two weeks we've managed but 1 night.  We love it as well.  We are heading out for another night on Wednesday.
Happy Camping.
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
takeachance View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 11:37pm
Welcome, we took delivery of our 2012 RP177 about two weeks ago and already have spent 5 nights in the trailer.  We love it!
Raymondo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 9:16pm
Greetings Mindfulpod from Vernon, we're Newbies from Coquitlam (with no catchy name yet, but working on one) You folks sound like my wife & me, with a 2011 RP171, 3X Thule bike rack (in the Rpod rear receiver), and tandem kayak on the roof racks. We too, are planning a trip to the Oregon Coast this summer. I had my sights on Devil's Lake State Park in Lincoln City, and good advice about the State Park reservation system. We are not booked yet, and can easily settle for 5 nights mid-week, but the spots will go fast unless I book soon. Fort Stevens sounds interesting, and the bikes will be used liberally. We have had our 171 out twice so far, Vedder River, Chilliwack last September, and Whistler RV Park this May for 1 & 2 nights respectively. Accessories so far are new table top propane bbq, and 10' x10' pop-up soccer canopy. I teed off the propane hose to a 20' extension hose with quick connect CNG fittings, and adapted the bbq fitting, so I only need one propane source. Photos are from Whistler on May long weekend, with Black Tusk and Whistler/ Blackcomb beyond. (just before it rained and we scurried home!. RP

Hugozork View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:56am
welcome from Québec
FrenchyPOD 171 2011
Toyota FJ Cruiser 2008 - MIA
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:08am
Welcome.  And happy podding!
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 8:30pm
Welcome from over here on the other coast! One day we hope to add the beautiful BC scenery to our 'states map'!
Enjoy your R-pod experience!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
mindfulpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 3:32pm
Welcome, fellow BCers!!  We're newbies, too from Vernon!  Have a new 172 (bought in Oregon)that we pull with a 2012 Nissan Frontier 2WD.  Love it!!  Put a canopy on the truck with bike racks inside and will be putting a roof rack on for the canoe and still plenty of room for the clubs.
We go down to the Oregon coast every year.  Oregon has some of the most beautiful, and afforadable state parks you'll come across.  Just south of Astoria is Fort Stevens.  Big campgroud (498 sites!) with full service.  Great trails, a lake for canoeing (or kayaking!), ocean access and miles of road for biking.  Further south is Nehalem Bay State Park.  This baby is right on the ocean and has its own boat dock, airstrip (if you care to fly in) and horse camping.  It sits on a spit of land that creates a bay (hence the name) that you put the kayaks in.  We spent 3 hours paddling the canoe last year and watched all the salmon fishermen and crabbers do their thing.  Lincoln City would be about 90 minute further south from here.  We've already booked our August vacation in both spots!  Check out the Oregon State park website and DO make reservations.  We've done the "oh, we'll just wing it" kinda trip.  I wouldn't recommend it!  So, enjoy your unit.  Maybe we'll get together for a rally of 2 sometime. :)
Frank & Janet
'12 172 with 2011 Nissan Frontier 2x4
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 2:58pm
Welcome, Katherine.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>