R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUsing a 176T without opening the tent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using a 176T without opening the tent
    Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 9:58am
Tyler, I don't know where you're at in Illinois, but the last time I stopped in at Collier's RV in Rockford they had a T model in their showroom.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
TylerB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 8:53pm
Here are some pics that might be helpful in visualizing the bed/dinette vs. bed/bed set up in the T models.   These all show the use of an air mattress, but I did see somewhere the bed set up with cushions instead.  Can't find those ones right now.  

Rockford, IL is not too far.  Probably the closest with a good selection and a good reputation.  I'll 
go check it out this weekend.  Thanks for the heads-up!  I'll have them demonstrate the different configurations and post pics here.  But the pics below are ones I came across online.

Bed with dinette set up as another bed:

Bed with dinette set up as a dinette.  

2010 RP 172
2005 Infiniti FX45
Spongediver View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:51pm
I'm in the process with purchasing a R-pod 176T.  Here is the answer with photo that I found,  Good Luck and have fun!

If anyone still has questions I started a topic "inside a 176T and arrangements"  where I focus on arranging the rpod with the tent part closed. 

Hope this clears things up. The bed is a RV Queen size bed, and fits two very well.

Spongediver View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 5:36pm
I'm in the process with purchasing a R-pod 176T.  Here is the answer with photo that I found,  Good Luck and have fun!

If anyone still has questions I started a topic "inside a 176T and arrangements"  where I focus on arranging the rpod with the tent part closed. 

Hope this clears things up. The bed is a RV Queen size bed, and fits two very well.

Edit - removed HTML/CSS - techntrek
The Spongediver of Paradise Coast
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:06am
spongediver - I just checked your signature and I don't see anything that would cause the constant HTML/CSS code to appear in your posts.  Are you trying to manually add something?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Bill-GA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:36pm
Spongediver,   I purchased a used 176T late last year and I decidied there were TWO ways I would use it. First as a permanent spot camper (tent deployed) and second as an over-nighter (tent NOT deployed) when I run long distances as a quick over-nighter(e.g. Ga to CA, Ga to Me). It's only my wife and I travelling.

I was annoyed by the tent "puffing" onto the queen bed with the tent closed so I got some thin peg-board and cut a 3'x5' sheet and put in some screw eyes on the bottom seat and used two 36" bungee cords to keep the tent back. I will store the board in the tent when it's down. I've only done a local week-ender with the tent down so far so it will be several weeks before I head out on a long haul.

However, I learned on my 1st time out that the tent is REALLY easy to deploy and put back so I may just use it (e.g. on a 6PM arrival) unless it is teaming down with rain. I have a pushout which really make the space bigger and I plan to use that just about always.
Bill & Bev
13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
loudog View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:05pm
The other (far more extreme) option is to get a 182G and rip out the back kitchen.  This gives you enough room to put in a queen size bed that's always available, and have an opening when you want it.  I ended up going this route given that 176T's are not easy to get on the west coast (although you can order them), and I wanted to inspect the unit before I bought it.  I now have a pod that can field 2 queen size beds when you use the dining area, and can convert to a dinette and a couch area.  It's pretty nifty.

One of these days I'll have to post the pictures :-)

-- Lou
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:45am
You definitely need to post pictures of that mod!  (in the mod forum)
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by loudog

The other (far more extreme) option is to get a 182G and rip out the back kitchen.  This gives you enough room to put in a queen size bed that's always available, and have an opening when you want it.  I ended up going this route given that 176T's are not easy to get on the west coast (although you can order them), and I wanted to inspect the unit before I bought it.  I now have a pod that can field 2 queen size beds when you use the dining area, and can convert to a dinette and a couch area.  It's pretty nifty.

One of these days I'll have to post the pictures :-)

-- Lou

would love to see that!
Brigs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 12:37pm
Hey guys

I have the RP176T, and you can infact sleep in without dropping the tent out, We use futton mattress's in ours and when the back is all closed up we can still lay the mattress across the dinette and sleep comfortably

Keith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>