Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNuestro Pod a New Year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuestro Pod a New Year
    Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:09am

Hello to all my fellow Pods.  Even though my owners have had be out a couple of times since the end of December I have been too lazy to write anything.  Today I finally decided it was time to write something. 

My owners took me down to Isla Blanca County Park on So. Padre Island on the 31st .  The forecast for the weekend wasn’t that great be they wanted to see the fireworks for New Year’s.  As usual the trip down was uneventful.  They knew that finding a spot where they wanted could be a challenge They picked out a spot they had listed on their list of decent sites.  So we drive in a look for the site.  We couldn’t even find it looking from the road even after 2 passes.  So we found a site that looked pretty good.  They tried calling the office to change sites, but as in the past they were put on the hold from hell.  Paul finally unhooked me and drove to the office and changed the site.  Once they got me and my R-dome set up the person from the site next to us came over and introduced himself.  He was a Winter Texan from Illinois.  He turned out to be quite talkative and quite the character.  The day turned out to be pretty decent even though there was some fog.  That night my owners left me about 11:30 to go see the fireworks, they wouldn’t let me come.  They said there just wasn’t room. Although I did hear them say when they got back there were a couple of class B motorhomes.  I really couldn’t see too much but my owners took some pictures to show me. 

Sunday brought some light rain and cooler temperatures and some wind.  We just sat around did a jig say puzzle and late in the afternoon decide since the forecast for Monday wasn’t a whole lot better and they couldn’t walk the beach it wasn’t really worth it to stay.  So we packed up and went home.  All in all anytime we can get out together is better than sitting around. 

Our next trip was to Adolph Thomae county park in Arroyo City.  It’s another park we have been to many times.  My owner decided to go Friday evening even though they knew it would be dark when we arrived.  This would be a new experience, setting up in the dark.  I heard my owners talking and when the reservations were made they only had 1 site open in the area they liked.  When we got there we found all the sites in the section my owners like full except for ours.  Paul was smart and had brought along a big flood light.  It turned out to be really helpful backing me in and getting me setup.  They decided since they wouldn’t be sitting outside just to put my rug and the R-dome up in the morning.  Saturday, my owner put up my R-dome.  I was a good thing they did as there were a bunch of redwing black birds which decide to perch in the branches over the R-dome.  We all know what happens when birds just sit around.  I was lucky I didn’t get any on me.  Maybe they were intimidated by my antenna & air conditioner.  Now by owners will have to wash the top of the R-dome.  Paul had put some new speakers in my entertainment center, replacing the cheap white ones with some DB Drive S5 60 speakers.  WOW what a difference in sound.  We listened to music from Pauls’ iPod which he plugs into the entertainment center and they read while I just grooved on the music.  My owner’s commented they had never seen the park that crowded.  From what they said most of them were Winter Texans.   Usually I am the smallest trailer in the park but I heard my owners say, someone had one that could not have been over 12 ft long. Yeah me! The weather both days was fantastic, highs in the low 80’s and lows in the upper 60’s.  We really enjoyed sitting around watching the boats go up and down the river, seeing the wildlife, dolphins, deer and a variety of birds. We packed up Sunday afternoon and made the short 40 min. trip how.  They said when the wash off the top of my R-dome I’m going to get a bath too.  I don’t think I really need one, the area behind my tires isn’t dirty.  Oh well I guess I will just have to live with it.

That’s it for now.

Happy Podding.

Site 126 Isla Blanca County Park So. Padre Island TX

Fogbow?  Thought it was really interesting

Low fog layer

An unfortunate beached stingray

Christo de Los Pescadores at Isla Blanca Park

So Padre Fireworks

More Fireworks

2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:18pm
Love the pic of the fogbow.  And the pic of the half-obscured building is eerie!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:33pm
  I have walked the beaches at Corpus and South Padre but it was always being there for work. I have been trying to get back with my wife so I wouldn't have to walk alone but we always run in another direction. There is nothing more peaceful than to walk the beach. Thanks for the great pictures.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply