Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIB Magee Beach Park w/Nuestro Pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: IB Magee Beach Park w/Nuestro Pod
    Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 2:16pm

Nuestro Pod here again.  It’s been awhile since I have summoned up the ambition to tell fellow Pods about my (and owners) trips.  We have stayed in our South Texas area camping at Isla Blanca county park on So. Padre Island, Adolph Thomae Jr county park in Arroyo City and I.B. Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas.  Our most recent outing was at I.B. Magee over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. 

It was nice to get out again, my owners and I haven’t been out for about 3 wks.  They packed some stuff Wed night but mostly Thursday before we left about 10 am.  I was a beautiful day for being towed; minimal winds and temps in the low 70’s.  On arriving at I.B. Magee we drove around to see what site would be good for us.  My owners knew the wind would be picking up and wanted a site that they could put my R-Dome up and not have any problems.  We found a site next to a big RV. (See picture)  My owner got me hooked up to water and shore power then set up my R-dome. We were now ready to relax.  Of course my owner first thought was to take a walk on the beach and jetty.  I was just happy to be out.  One of my owners had the idea it might be neat to put turkey like feathers on my rear end and a turkey head and neck my front.  Thankfully he couldn’t figure a good way to attach them if he had made them.  I would have been really embarrassed if he would have done this.  Anyhow, rather than turkey and the trimmings they had fish. They had the iPod plugged into my entertainment center and sat in the R-dome reading and just chillin’.  Friday was another beautiful day mostly sunny and temps in the mid to upper 70’s and moderate winds 10-15 mph.  My owners went over to the beach and then Paul came back to get his kite. I was able to watch him fly it, although it did see it crash a couple of times.  We they came back he said one of the fittings had broken so he couldn’t fly it anymore until he got it fixed. While he was flying the kite one of Pauls’ cheap sandals broke, so we they came back they took off to see if they could find some new cheap sandals.  I heard them talking went they got back they had indeed found Paul some cheap sandals but had also found a nature trail and wetland area. (See pictures of wetland area)  While they were gone  I just sat around listening to music and enjoying things.  Saturday, a front was going to come through and I did get a little wet but not very much.  It turned out to be not too bad a day it got up to 80.  My owner decided since there were occasional sprinkles they would run some errands (get a couple of things they forgot) and go visit where they bought me.  They said they were going to the Padre Island National Seashore Park and to visit the dealer where they bought me.  Before they left they took down my R-dome since the wind was suppose to pick up and blow from 20-30 mph with gusts to 40.  They arrive back and able to sit out for awhile before it got too windy.  The wind did pick up and was blowing pretty hard.  My owners wife really doesn’t like it when I rock back a forth with the gusts.  She knew she wouldn’t get any sleep if they stayed. So they decided about 9:00 pm it would be best, especially since the weather on Sunday was to be cool and very windy, if they would pack me up and head home.   With the wind out of the north we headed south toward home.   Boy it was a great ride back.  With the wind behind be we could do 65-70 mph at 2300-2500 rpm.  Arriving at home about 12:30 am they just pulled me out of the way an unpacked on the essentials.  Sunday they finished unpacking me and backed me into my storage place in back of their house.  Well I guess I’ll have to wait a couple of week before we head out again.

Site 57 I.B. Magee Beach Park Port Aransas.  There were quite a few camper Thurs-Fri a lot left Sat. am

Ship coming in the ship channel

Pelican gather spot

Sunset on Fri night

Avocet's in the wetland park area

View off the Visitor center at Padre Island National Seashore Park.

Happy Podding

2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 7:58pm
Nice sunset.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 8:59pm
Great story and pix, I love the 3rd party influence, Ours is winterized but I still love the stories.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
rex View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 10:38pm
Excellent story and pix. I to like the third party flair, Happy podding rex stuart fla
jrr
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 8:54am
Your stories are always great to read.  Thumbs Up
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 1:42pm
Thank you for sharing the story and pictures!  Both are always terrific. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply