R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Attention New, Current, & Prospective R-Pod Owners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttention New, Current, & Prospective R-Pod Owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention New, Current, & Prospective R-Pod Owners
    Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 7:27pm
Dont' forget to check out the Walk-through videos for the R-Pod 177 that were previously posted by our very own forum member, PawPod.  He took video of his dealer Walkthrough so he would remember everything they told him, and he shared all that with us.  Click on the links below:

Diane

2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 7:43pm
Cool!Star

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
duck42 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 4:10pm
Thanks for the RPOD new purchase initial run through videos by the dealer, Village RV, they were helpful. I am, however,  puzzled by the dealer's statement on video #2 that the AC will only run on 220V.  I thought the 13,500 BTU Dometic ran off 110V? If it requires 220, how would anyone ever run the AC off a portable generator? I ran our 2011 171 Air Conditioner off both house 110 and a Yamaha  2400is portable generator this summer with no problems. Am I missing something here (electricity has never been my strong point) or is this possibly a "Canada" thing?
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 5:07pm
That was worth seeing, I had a good walkthrough, but you forget things.  I like the part about taking out the batteries of the smoke/lp/co detectors. that is one great thing about this site, Podders helping each other and coming up with neat tips.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
sfish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 7:46pm
Thanks for sharing that. Great to have for a refresher.
sjf
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 9:03pm
duck42 - yes, everything in the pod either operates from 120 volts AC or 12 volts DC.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by duck42

I am, however,  puzzled by the dealer's statement on video #2 that the AC will only run on 220V.  I thought the 13,500 BTU Dometic ran off 110V?

Hmmm - I never caught that.  The dealer was mistaken on that.  You were right.
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:37am
Never caught that eather. Think maybe he was thinking wats to start it?
Ready to pod around!
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 11:04pm
Hi Pawpod!  Hope you didn't mind me recycling your videos!  They sure have come in handy. 
For anyone else on the forum -- a couple of quick questions about winterization:
1)  In video 6 - under the sink near the floor behind the wooden panel - were those hoses for pumping antifreeze through the lines?  I'm confused - I've never tried to do that before and don't quite understand how that is done.
2)  And this question may seem ignorant but I'm going to ask it anyway.  Once the water heater is drained, the anode rod taped with teflon tape and replace, and the valves to the hot water tank turned opposite to normal operation, how come rv antifreeze cannot be poured into the potable water tank and pumped through all the water lines by turning on the water pump and opening all the faucets?  The potable water tank is going to be drained and sanitized in the spring.  Just wondering - it seems like much less trouble to me.  But since no one has recommended that, is it not safe, or is it not efficient, or is it not possible to do it that way?

Diane
2011 Mercedes ML350

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Hodge-PODge

Hi Pawpod!  Hope you didn't mind me recycling your videos!  They sure have come in handy. 
For anyone else on the forum -- a couple of quick questions about winterization:
1)  In video 6 - under the sink near the floor behind the wooden panel - were those hoses for pumping antifreeze through the lines?  I'm confused - I've never tried to do that before and don't quite understand how that is done. 
Without looking at the videos again,  yes, that is what this arrragement is for.  There should be a valve(s) to turn which would turn "off" the supply from the water tank and turn "on" a hose (not connected to anything) which one places in a jug or bucket of the pink antifreeze.
2)  And this question may seem ignorant but I'm going to ask it anyway.  Once the water heater is drained, the anode rod taped with teflon tape and replace, and the valves to the hot water tank turned opposite to normal operation, how come rv antifreeze cannot be poured into the potable water tank and pumped through all the water lines by turning on the water pump and opening all the faucets?  The potable water tank is going to be drained and sanitized in the spring.  Just wondering - it seems like much less trouble to me.  But since no one has recommended that, is it not safe, or is it not efficient, or is it not possible to do it that way? This could be done but, you would likely use a lot of antifreeze and need to flush your fresh water tank really well when de-winterizing.  Some can do the job on one gallon of antifreeze.  I splurge and use two.  I first blow out the lines with compressed air and then pump the pink stuff through everything; sink, shower, toilet, outside spray hose, etc.  Pumping the pink stuff directly from the jug insures that it remains undiluted by water and keeps consumption to the minimum.

Diane

I hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>