Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2011 R 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 R 172
    Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:55am
We have an offer for a 2011 (new not titled) R 172, they will throw in the R Dome, Anti sway hitch, prep, install the brake controller, fill up lp tank etc, and throw in another 1 year warranty because 2011 is almost over, price ? $12,830. I think I gotta go with it, I am 62 and cutting down on hours at work, wife and I are ready to try travel trailer camping, you think I should go for it, is this a good price?
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 8:38am
Welcome.  That price sounds very reasonable with all those add-ons.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 6:07pm
Tech is right - a very reasonable deal.  The RP 172 does not have a slideout, right?  (That was the clincher for my deal, and maybe I paid a little much to get the slideout, but I like the extra space.)
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:19pm
Right Hodge P, no slides, but with just the 2 of us, and maybe a grandkid on the way soon I think it will be a good fit for us. for a couple of oldsters me 62, Mommy 59, tent camping and sleeping in the back of the trail blazer are over, ohh I remember those days in the back seat 40 years ago, ohh well, we are looking forward to hitting the trail soon. will pick up the r-172 thursday. thanks
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:21pm
Yeah Hodge, no slides but for the 2 of us that used to tent camp a little and sleep in the back of the trailblazer this is a real improvement. looking forward to pulling the pod. its a R-172 and as a licensed pilot my log is already signed off for 172's , ha ha, this is a different type of flying. see ya on the road.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 7:07am
IMHO, I think you did just fine on the deal. Wink 

I wish you many happy adventures in your new Pod and ...... Welcome to the group!
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:10am
Not a bad price at all considering what they were throwing in to make the deal.  Welcome to the world of podding.  Smile
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

Yeah Hodge, no slides but for the 2 of us that used to tent camp a little and sleep in the back of the trailblazer this is a real improvement. looking forward to pulling the pod. its a R-172 and as a licensed pilot my log is already signed off for 172's , ha ha, this is a different type of flying. see ya on the road.

Dane, I'm in my late 50's and my husband just turned 60.  He's a licensed pilot, too, but for the life of me, as much as I love camping I'm afraid the Pod just holds no attraction for him!  I don't think it has the glamor of the 1942 deHaviland Tiger Moth he has, or the RV7 kit plane he just finished building.  Hey, you can tell which one of us has her feet on the ground! 

So, I just have fun podding around with my grown children and the grandkids.  And my husband will come visit us for a picnic, but that's about all.   I visit him at the small local airport and watch him putter around in the hangar, and he visits me and the grandkids for a picnic.  I guess that makes us a little "different" but it works.  We're each happy doing what we love to do.

Oh yes, and I do remember the days of sleeping in the back of the car!  Even a tent was a step up for us then.

You're gonna love your Pod.  Happy Podding!

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 6:43pm
Hey Diane I understand , I am also an old tail wheel pilot, I had a 1946 Taylorcraft.  I still love flying but I have to be realistic, flying is an expensive sport, I found a sweet 1964 Cessna 172 with 1800 hrs tt. NDH, it was at Seymour Indiana, but my wife said the only 172 your flying is the R-172. Life is but a compromise, Maybe I can get into plein aire painting with the pod, I am picking it up tomorrow morning, wish me luck, thats for the reply. Dane
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
sfish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:05pm
Good luck and Happy Camping!
sjf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>