R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tri-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 10:42am
Thanks for staying on top of this issue for the rest of us. 👌
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:46pm
Times2
LeeStar
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
ndeasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ndeasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:03am
Even though this is my first post here (I've had my RP-177 for a year), the subject matter seemed important.

On 3/9/2012 I had the trailer fender lights installed by my dealer as a RECALL.  Initially I was to have the work done at the end of February but had to postpone.

That would suggest that Forest River must have notified their dealers.  Since I paid nothing for the work you have to assume the dealer was reimbursed by the factory.

Although my dealer coded the work as Part # 20X31365A that may not be indicative of a specific recall action.

Anyone still waiting for word on the 'fender lights' should probably pressure their dealer.

Hope this helps.
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TIDALWAVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 7:11pm
I bought my Pod through Couch's RV and have heard absolutely nothing from them about the lighting situation. Only this forum has kept me apprised.
TIDALWAVE
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 7:13pm
Welcome!  Very interesting info, thanks for the update.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 1:58pm
was yours a used camper or a new camper that may have slipped through with out the lights?  I just talked to my dealer and also another R-pod Dealer I'm freindly with and both of them have nothing on a recall or service note from Forest River. 

Did your dealer do both the fender lights and also the 3 lights over the rear windows?  They would be in a "spoiler" .
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:01pm
We have a 2011 RP=172 and it only has 2 tail lights on the back, no upper bar light on top or lights on fenders. this was sold new, never titled, I got the Certificate of title when we paid for it, hmmmm , I wonder if I should call the selling dealer about any recalls.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
rex View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:12pm
I HAVE 2010 171 NO LIGHTS ON FENDER,NO REAR SPOILER? OR LIGHT.MY DEALER HERE IN SOUTH FL KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS !!! TOLD HIM ABOUT THIS SITE HE IS GOING TO CHECK FR AND REVIEW THIS SIGHT.AND GET BACK TO ME  rex pHp stuart fla
jrr
ndeasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ndeasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:26am
My RP177 was purchased new in March of 2011, from Crisp RV in Chocowinity, NC.  It came with spoiler lights installed and the fenders were marked only with red and yellow reflective tape.

In December of last year I had the dealer replace a slightly damaged fender.  After getting it home I noticed there were no reflectors (tape version) on it.  I called and they said not to worry, they will order them from the factory to be mailed to me.

I followed up on the missing reflectors  in February, where were they?

Well, says my dealer, they're not sending the reflectors, there is a recall and we're being sent a light kit.

As I mentioned before, this was done at no cost to me, and you know dealers generally don't give time and material away without good cause.

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:27am
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-08-29/pdf/2011-21953.pdf

This is the actual Federal listing about the issue.  It will include early model 2011 units that did not have everything.  some of the early 2011 units had the 3 lights across the back but not the fender lights.  other of the early 2011 units had nothing installed.  Forest River claimed to start building December 2010 correctly.

From Reading the information supplied:

"Forest River additionally states that it has corrected the subject noncompliances so that future production of its R–Pod travel trailer will conform with all applicable requirements of FMVSS No. 108."

But yet it is already know they did not start as some of the earlier 2011 Units had the 3 lights across the back but only supplied Reflector tape on the fenders.  Would love to know how many they tried to cheap out with only the tape and also hope they are counted in the 2,741 units they have disclosed to the NHTSA. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>