R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 11:50am
  We had the same experience driving during the night through a construction area with the concrete baracades. Now with our lights on the fenders we are able to see the dividing lines of the road as to where our fenders are. I said if the poll would make sense, but I feel personally it would be a positive yes with no thought about it. If a poll were to be started I think that everyone most likely would say the same , safer with the lights.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

barbanjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote barbanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by David and Danette

I thought perhaps if it would make any sense there could be a poll pertaining to the recall with the lights. Do you feel safer after having the additional lights put on your Rpod or do you feel no different just as safe with out them.  David
When I first read about the problem in canada , I put reflector's on my fenders. Amber in front, red in back to see if I wanted the lights. I was going to put the lights on myself because the issue wasn't a recall yet in canada. I left the reflector's on and in cases where there was extreme darkness they reflected the light from my TV.
As to being safer, a light 4 inches from the side of a big white whale with led tailights is not going to stop someone from hitting me! Looking at home depot and lowe's and all the trailers in AZ lots are sold without fender lights on the closed bodies, but they do have the clearance lights on the roof.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:52am
I got to reading more of the Denial of Petitions for Decisions of Inconsequential Noncompliance: Forest River, Inc. and something that had not jumped out before was how many trailers normally get repaired in a recall.  Only 50%.  Lets hope that we R-Pod owners get the news out to all owners affected by this and see a better % fixed.
"In addition, the million dollar figure represents an upper bound that assumes that all trailers will be remedied. The completion rate for recent noncompliance recalls of recreational trailers has been approximately 50 percent. Therefore, the cost to Forest River of correcting the noncompliant trailers will likely be substantially less than the million-dollar cost Forest River estimates based on the remedy being performed on all 2,741 subject trailers."
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:59am
Also to Note there was another Public Comment Posted August 7, 2012 with a Copy of the Letter that Forest River sent out to R-Pod Owners they had on record. 
If you did not receive a letter like that and your camper does not have all the required lighting (Spoiler with 3 lights across the top, Red Light on the rear of the Camper Fenders, and Amber Light on the front of the Camper Fenders) you need to contact Forest River.  Contact per the Letter is as follows:
Susan Thornberg-  Warranty, Parts & Service Manager -(574) 642-3119 Ext 205- sthornberg@forestriverinc.com 
secretbard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote secretbard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:00pm
Thanks for all this contact information rpodcamper.  I have contacted susan and she told me that she needs a copy of my R-pod title faxed to her.  After that, she will send me the notice.  She also said that they are revising the notice and will send out the revised notice.  
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

Also to Note there was another Public Comment Posted August 7, 2012 with a Copy of the Letter that Forest River sent out to R-Pod Owners they had on record. 
If you did not receive a letter like that and your camper does not have all the required lighting (Spoiler with 3 lights across the top, Red Light on the rear of the Camper Fenders, and Amber Light on the front of the Camper Fenders) you need to contact Forest River.  Contact per the Letter is as follows:
Susan Thornberg-  Warranty, Parts & Service Manager -(574) 642-3119 Ext 205- sthornberg@forestriverinc.com 

That is the same exact letter I got.  But, I didn't make mine public for all the world to see.LOL

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TIDALWAVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:56pm
If you have the R-Dome for your R-Pod...don't forget to mention it to the Recall Service tech.  I didn't mention it to my tech and he said that they use a different routing in the wheel well to miss the Dome's skirt.  A lot easier and faster to install, if you don't have the Dome. No angled body drilling to route the wires into the well.
TIDALWAVE
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 8:00pm

Good to know, thanks.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 6:38pm
Got our lights on today. We had to get the authorization letter from Susan because we are the second owners of our RPod. Our dealer was great. They ordered the lighting kit as soon as they got the letter that I faxed to them. It took under two weeks for the whole process.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 7:42pm
Tidal Wave, thanks for the tip, I have an appointment this upcoming thursday , I will mention this to them, we have the R-Dome but have not had the opportunity to use it yet, but I know we will.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>