R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Rpod Owners 2009-2010 models: PLEASE READ
    Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

This is the Official How to do a recall.  In no place does it mention Facebook.  Also it is putting the burden on the owner to contact Forest River.  How many owners do not know about the Facebook page or care about it.  My Rpod is one of the ones that are affected but it now has a different Address then when I purchased it in 2009.  BUT IF Forest River pulls the DMV records they would have the updated address.  How many others will fall through the cracks?

Facebook isn't considered an official notification method.  Think they are doing it  for public relation reasons.  But bet using facebook will just have 573.6 bite them.
Just have to wait for NHTSA to assign the official ODI # associated with the recall, and should be able to get the official information direct from NHTSA and will know what accepted remedy plan and notification method is.   But if I remember correctly per 49 CFR 573.8 they have to send notices out to registered owners in state DMV records, unless someone (maybe same guy who had tape measure) decides the trailer isn't a motor vehicle and doesn't have to use DMV records. sigh.....   But won't know for sure untill we see the official recall posting from NHTSA.

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:47pm
I will know how they get the address that they send the notices to as I have access to both.  As Long as your Trailer is registered Bill-GA you should receive a notice in the mail but Forest River has not yet been issued the ODI # yet from NHTSA.  Forest River needs approval on everything from the envolope they will be mailing the notice in to the actual letter they will be sending.  it can take upwards of 30 days before they start mailing.  Hold off send your contact information 
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by gmandual

This is the Official How to do a recall.  In no place does it mention Facebook.  Also it is putting the burden on the owner to contact Forest River.  How many owners do not know about the Facebook page or care about it.  My Rpod is one of the ones that are affected but it now has a different Address then when I purchased it in 2009.  BUT IF Forest River pulls the DMV records they would have the updated address.  How many others will fall through the cracks?

Facebook isn't considered an official notification method.  Think they are doing it  for public relation reasons.  But bet using facebook will just have 573.6 bite them.
Just have to wait for NHTSA to assign the official ODI # associated with the recall, and should be able to get the official information direct from NHTSA and will know what accepted remedy plan and notification method is.   But if I remember correctly per 49 CFR 573.8 they have to send notices out to registered owners in state DMV records, unless someone (maybe same guy who had tape measure) decides the trailer isn't a motor vehicle and doesn't have to use DMV records. sigh.....   But won't know for sure untill we see the official recall posting from NHTSA.

Are you telling me me I don't need to register the Trailer?  I have a tape measure :) Sorry I just could not resist.  My other Camper I do not need toregister as It is a truck Camper and sits on the truck.
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:59pm

Originally posted by gmandual

Are you telling me me I don't need to register the Trailer?  I have a tape measure :) Sorry I just could not resist.  My other Camper I do not need toregister as It is a truck Camper and sits on the truck.

Guess I should have said "unless guy at FR in charge of tape measure decides trailer isn't a motor vehicle",  or "same guy who thought axle width doesn't count in a trailers width....' (but you get the idea.)   After all the conversations I have had will all parties involved, nothing would surprise me at this point.  
kymooses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:46am

If it weren't for these forums how many others would have fallen through those same cracks?

A majority of people now who know about this recall likely read about it on one of the forums or via facebook.  It's just a fast way for them to pass along information to large number of owners at once.

XPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote XPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 4:53pm
Anyone got their letter yet? Should I be calling/e-mailing them?
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 5:39pm
None here.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 1:43am
Give it time.  Forest River needs to have everything approvied by the Government.  We will be seeing something soon.
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 3:20am
I wish they would hurry up.  But the government rarely move fast.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
turncoat3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:50am
http://www.regulations.gov/#%21documentDetail;D=NHTSA-2011-0040-0038
this is the link to the NHTSA ruling on the light issue for Forest River and R Pod lights not being in compliance.  the document has an issue date of May 16, 2012 require FR to notify customers of a recall.  So it will take some time for everything to fall into place with recalls.  I sent this copy to my dealer so that they were up to date with the situation which they were not aware of.
Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>