R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould I have any concerns buying a 2010 model?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I have any concerns buying a 2010 model?
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 12:25pm
A very minor problem, we fixed it by using jack stands (sturdier than portable jacks), but you could negotiate the addition of permanent jacks as part of your deal.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jnsluft View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by secretbard

One thing missing from the '10 and included on the '12 is the front stabilizer jacks.  Considering how many of you are going to be walking around in the Pod, you might consider buying the '12 for the fact that you can stabilize the shakes just a bit more with the added front sizzor jacks.  

This is the type of stuff that I'm hoping to find out.  I'ts another question to ask the dealer before pulling the trigger.  Thank you very much.

Shawn
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 2:51am
One thing missing from the '10 and included on the '12 is the front stabilizer jacks.  Considering how many of you are going to be walking around in the Pod, you might consider buying the '12 for the fact that you can stabilize the shakes just a bit more with the added front sizzor jacks.  
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by David

Originally posted by kymooses

Really?  I've never stayed at any park in kentucky that didn't have a non-potable water connection at the dump station.  

What can I say....I haven't camped in KY in a while! LOL
Indiana does not have them at dump stations and I don't recall them at the National Parks that I have visited.  All have had non-potable water - but no "garden hose" type spigot.  But, then again, I could be wrong! Confused

Dunno, only place in Indiana we usually go to is Scottsburg to Jellystone.  You know how us Kentuckians are about rubbing elbows with you Hoosiers anymore than we have to!   LOLLOLLOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by kymooses

Really?  I've never stayed at any park in kentucky that didn't have a non-potable water connection at the dump station.  

What can I say....I haven't camped in KY in a while! LOL
Indiana does not have them at dump stations and I don't recall them at the National Parks that I have visited.  All have had non-potable water - but no "garden hose" type spigot.  But, then again, I could be wrong! Confused
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 9:18pm
Again welcome, jns. We bought a used for three weeks very early 2010 RP171 from the first owner. It came with a number of improvements and without a microwave oven, which is not a priority for us. The nice thing was that any of those little bugs had been worked out between the first owner and the dealer. So far, another plus is that the decals are still intact and show no sign of peeling. if you believe that you are getting your money's worth, and that the dealer will back a reasonable warranty, then the 2010 is a good buy. I just bought a black tank flush system (do it yourself) (and Hodge-Podge got it right!) for less than $20, so maybe your dealer can include one in your purchase deal.
Good luck and happy Podding!!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by David

Most typical dump stations don't have this.  I have only encountered it at "full hook up" campsites. 

Really?  I've never stayed at any park in kentucky that didn't have a non-potable water connection at the dump station.  Yes but like you said, it isn't necessary, we use ours because we have it and that's about it.  I have no idea if my tank is any cleaner than anyones who doesn't have it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 7:47pm
Diane explained it well.  Is it necessary?  I don't think so.  In my decades of camping I have never had one and I have never had black tank issues.  The other side of that coin is that it certainly doesn't HURT matters....can something be too clean?   To use it, you need to have a "garden hose" type connection of clean water, while hooked up to a drain.  Most typical dump stations don't have this.  I have only encountered it at "full hook up" campsites. 

One other thing several have encountered; with the large circle decals - many have had them start peeling after a few months (myself included).  This seems to occur mostly on the front and secondly on the rear.  The sides seem to do just fine.
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 7:37pm
It's an opening for a hose on the door side of the R-Pod.  Basically, you connect a hose, and a sprayer inside the black tank will rinse down the sides.  Why that's important is that toilet tissue and other gunk (yep, think poo) can get stuck on the sides and dry out, and affect the sensors on the gauge that tell you the level of your black tank so you know when to empty it.

Our techie guys might can explain it better - but I think I basically explained it right.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

jnsluft View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 7:32pm
Here's my next newbie question.  What's a black tank flush?

Shawn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>