R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreasing the Grooves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greasing the Grooves
    Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:18am
Mountain mist, here's a link to our fridge fan.
Fridge fan
Hope that helps. Takes up about the space of a soda can and has ran for the two weeks we've had it so far. Said the batteries last for 30 days. Very quiet too. Had to look at the fan part to see if it was working
Ready to pod around!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:21am
I'll try to remember to get a pic tonight.  Ours came with 12 volt 300 milliamp AC transformers, but they use a standard plug to plug into the transformer that I could plug into a battery pack - or the 'pod's battery - instead.  Low amperage draw, I've read its usually about 100 milliamps per 100 feet so ours @ 42 feet each may use 1/6 of what the transformer can supply.  Two of them is enough to completely circle (square?) one 10 X 10 EZ-up plus outline the openings on the Dome.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by techntrek

When its hot out I'll hear them on, you can't miss them, they sound like a plane taking off.

Hmmm, we were out in high 90's over the 4th and I can't say I ever heard them kick on.  But then again it is on the other side of the camper and I'm sure it's hard to hear over the AC unit anyways.

I just get this bad feeling mine never kick on since I've never seen them actually spin or heard them.  Ouch
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 2:12pm

Try this, on a warm day take off the upper cover (outside), put it into a plastic bag and put the cover back on.  That will trap the heat.  Stand there and listen for a few minutes.  It shouldn't take long for the fans to turn on.  They are variable speed so they may start off slow and then ramp up.

Don't forget to take the bag off.  Nuke

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 3:37pm
PawPod/. Just came home from Walmart with that fan. I am leaving my frig. on (is plugged into house) to see if it gets colder. You are right, I had to listen to see if the fan was running.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 5:14pm
Pawpod: Where do you get the little bags of drying agent? I used to save some out of drug bottles, guess they are the same thing. I know the husband use to have them (still does) in his camera equipment, and dry them out in the oven, if this is the same thing.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:19pm
Fishtail, I'll start a new thread with my pic of the EL wire.
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:55pm
Hmm. Maybe  the law is different up here in Canada? We were warned NOT to drive with the propane on and it is the last thing on our moving on checklist. "Turn off propane."
Would you want propane spewing around if you were ever in an accident?
Our refrigerator has never been on colder than the second snowflake because it gets too cold and the items I take from the freezer do not thaw in time for supper. Granted it does not usually get much over 80 in summer but we are pretty pleased with its functioning. We run it for 12 hours or so before leaving , fill with refrigerator-cold food and one frozen ice pack in freezer compartment. along with the frozen items.

Those lights look cool but don't any of your parks have 'dark sky' rules about light pollution?
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:06am
ConfusedWow, Snowbound
Might have a bit to do with it that your weather is near perfect for my tastes, at least in Summer when we get near triple digits and poor Texas STAYS there with no rain.

I, too, have it on my checklist in RED that the propane is off when the car moves away with the Pod. Same as when we had motorhomes. Since I have the pod on power here at home, the battery is recharged fine.    I don't know how each state checks if we have it off or on anyhowOuch, just as some allow radar and some don't. I use to know some of those up the East coast and take it down, but in the Pod I keep in the slow lane and don't have to worry about speed!

You have sort of confirmed what we have always done with the frig. Turn it on(easy if on power at home, not so much if not) a couple of days before trip out and of course putting frozen food in and already cold food too. I have not had to use a "freezer pak" and just put a little circulating fan in yesterday to see what that does to the temps before I turn the frig. off.  I was out in pretty full sun my last trip, at least the Pod was, I wonder if that makes a difference. I did keep it on all 5 snowflakes and was not in it much, so cut down on the in and out.

One of the things the husband checks when I get back home is to see if I have remembered to turn the propane off( don't know if that is natural caution or the engineer/pilot in him) but it has rubbed off on me.
And since we camped, tent and motorcoaches, in US, I had not heard of all lights out. That is very interesting. I know quiet times, no generator times.  Does that include your campfires?

'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Snowbound

Hmm. Maybe  the law is different up here in Canada? We were warned NOT to drive with the propane on and it is the last thing on our moving on checklist. "Turn off propane."

Its perfectly legal here in Ontario.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>